Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gta2 :)

Options
  • 19-07-2002 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭

Loaded GTA2 onto my PC tonight for the laugh (having just completed GTA3 a couple of nights ago).

Its still a great game, and runs fine under XP. You really miss the automap from 3 though... Unless you know the cities backwards, you have to refer to the printed map to find anything......

I also think that GTA2 is more strategic than 3. You have to be alot more careful about playing the 3 factions off against each other. You have to SERIOUSLY p1ss one faction off to get the top missions from their rivals. Could be interesting if they re-introduced that in Vice City........

- Dave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i tried playing it on the ps1 the other day, too damn ugly tho.
    gta1 looks miles better on the pc, so i've started playing that again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

aye, GTA2 was quite the game, but I dont think anything will ever take the original GTA's place.

also, does anybody know why the curse words were bleeped out of the orignal GTA title theme in GTA3?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Because Lips 106 is a pop station and they cant be caught playing anything with profain language in it. :D

Actually I was wondering about that too. Considering this is a game where the object is to kill and steal you would think that "crack" and "fuck" in a song would be acceptable. Also I think that there is profanity in the songs on Game radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by tman
    i tried playing it on the ps1 the other day, too damn ugly tho.
    gta1 looks miles better on the pc, so i've started playing that again
    Games in general look awful on the PS1 compared to the PC. GTA2 on the PC supports 3D cards, and has lovely coloured lighting....

I'm going to plough away at it over the weekend anyway. Never did manage to get past the second city in it.........

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

The bonus rounds in gta2 are brilliant, blow up all the ice cream vans...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yeah, gta1 has some dodgy support for 3dfx.
    i must see if there's a direct3d patch for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

GTA had some nice 3Dfx support
    played very well on my old P100 + Voodoo1

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Originally posted by SyxPak
    GTA had some nice 3Dfx support
    played very well on my old P100 + Voodoo1
    Oh! they were the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I ain't never dunnit myself but they play GTA 1 Lans in DNC from time to time. Apparently it's absolutely great fun. I'm gonna give it a go myself sooner or later just haven't got down to it :) Well worth it though.

Ry

Advertisement