Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ian Paisley visits a primary school

Options
  • 19-07-2002 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

One day, Ian paisley made a visit to a primary school in Belfast. He asked a classroom full of children if they knew the meaning of the word "Tragedy".

Two kids put up their hands. Paisley chose one. "If I fell off my bike", said the first kid, "and I had to go to hospital, that would be a tragedy".

"No", said Ian, "that would be an accident". He chose the second child

"If me da was painting the house, and he fell off the ladder, that'd be a tragedy", said the second child.

"No, that would also be an accident", said Ian.

A third child, who by chance was from the Falls Road, then put up his hand. Ian turned to him and asked him to explain the meaning of the word.

"If you died", said the boy, "that would be a tragedy."

"Very good!" said Ian, delighted at the boy's answer. "And why would it be a tragedy?" he asked.

"Because my da says that if you die, it definatly won't be a fvckin accident!"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PyjamaMan

lol heard that one before only with pres. clinton tho its a klinker all the same :)

Advertisement