Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do they take us as?

Options
  • 19-07-2002 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

Quote from the ODTR in a letter to An Taoiseach

"Consumer groups are less powerful and well resourced as compared with others in Ireland at present, and it is important that their input is actively sought and supplemented with good research which will clarify their issues and practical plans to deliver what is needed. It cannot be assumed that they will be in a position in many cases to make technical submissions on issues and alternative ways should be found to meet their needs"

Is it just me or does this assume we are all "Thick" ?

", it is clear that there is limited competition in many areas and that this must change" - admission of failure?

"Question-How can consumers be better informed as to their rights and given the necessary information to make choices with regard to products and services.

Answer- To ensure that consumers are as well informed on their rights and the choices open to them it is important that the provider of products or services are required to provide both comprehensive details of the prices for their product and services as well as setting out clearly the consumer’s rights. Details on where consumers can seek further redress should they not be satisfied by with the suppliers responses should also be available i.e. the Director of Consumer Affairs, Independent Regulators, Ombudsman, etc" WHHHATTT!!!????

I cant read anymore!! for those interested :- http://www.odtr.ie/docs/odtr0265.doc

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I think you're taking a rather cynical viewpoint crawler, the notice could be read another way entirely. But at this stage, who cares what the ODTR says on matter such as this? Unless they actually get up off their arses and start representing consumers, I'm really not interested.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

I agree with you - probably having a bad day! Inaction is just very annoying. Only passing on the information.

Advertisement