Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary tattoos

• 19-07-2002 10:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin where you can get temporary tattoos done.
    I was thinking about getting one that lasts for about 5 – 10 years. These are different from henna tattoos aren’t they?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Henna tattoos only last about a week or so.

Don't know about temporary tattoos though. Sounds like a nice idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin where you can get temporary tattoos done.
    I was thinking about getting one that lasts for about 5 – 10 years. These are different from henna tattoos aren’t they?

There's no such thing as a tattoo that will only last a few years. It's just unscrupulous 'artists' trying to make a quick buck.
    The only temporary tattoo you can get are the kind you get on a piece of paper that wash off after a few days, or henna. If you're going for henna, get the brown type because the black has some dodgy chemicals in that a lot of people have reactions too.

Even if you *could* get a tatt that faded after 10 years, you're still going to have to deal with the reaction some people take to tattooed people, and in that case you may as well just get a normal tattoo. But as I say, no such thing as a tatt that fades completely after a certain time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Baldy

Originally posted by eth0_

There's no such thing as a tattoo that will only last a few years. It's just unscrupulous 'artists' trying to make a quick buck.

Actually thats not true my sister got one in Canada (be that no good to you) that lasted about 2 year and then she got it done for real! She didnt want to get it and then regret it! Sorry though cause i dont know what they are called :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Still sounds kinda dodgey....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

never heard of a long lasting temp tattoo

only ones i know if are the henna ones which last 2-3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Baldy

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    never heard of a long lasting temp tattoo

only ones i know if are the henna ones which last 2-3 weeks.

tbh I thought the guy was bull****ing me sister but he was telling the truth. Dont ask me what it was called but it last close to the time period of 2 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Baldy
    tbh I thought the guy was bull****ing me sister but he was telling the truth. Dont ask me what it was called but it last close to the time period of 2 years!

And has she washed during this time?

(Just kidding)

Sounds interesting tbh - handy for someone who might not want to be stuck with one forever if they like change. Shame you don't have any more info - time to googly methinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Banana Yazoo is nice.

Hmmmm Banana Yazoo... *runs out to shop*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

I was thinking about getting something like that before i got my tattoo but supposedly once it starts fading it looks crap and eventually manages to look like a stain until it fades completely so it may not be worth it

• Advertisement
Advertisement