Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loadsa crap jobs at oracle?

• 22-02-2001 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be graduating soon (HOLY ****! I ONLY HAVE ONE MONTH TO DO MY PROJECT AFTER MY HD CRASH!!!!) but I still don't have a clue what to do. I'm going to stay the hell away from helldesk and pretty much anything with "IT" or "network" in the job title so that pretty much leaves development. The problem is all the jobs seem so boring. Logica are looking for 100 graduates, Siemens 250, etc., etc. but they all gave crap presentations and no effort at all to disguise that there'll be no excitement what-so-ever in those jobs. I don't expect a party everyday but there's gotta be something else out there. eek.gif I hope smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

i got a free mug and pen off Iona so in two months I'll be working there.
    (hahaha)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Loomer

Your cynicism disappoints me tongue.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

a friend of mine did work placement at Vistech and he said they play Q3 on the lan after hours all the time. Now if it was UT..... smile.gif

People look at me like I'm an alien when I say there's loads of jobs in Cork but I don't want them 'cos they're boring. It's like "Take what you can get and be damned glad you get it!" I'm going to be at least 50 years working and there is good jobs out there so what's so wrong in looking for them?

That said I probably will end up taking some crap local job. Apart from me technology woes I just like living here too much smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Yeah there's planty of time for Q3 inside. I brought in a UT CD a couple of weeks back but it hasn't really caught on frown.gif

You ever play inside in webworkhouse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Blitz, if I remember correctly you're from Cork right? There are a whole bunch of companies up in the Airport Business Park and there's a new Software Park going in down in Mahon.
    What kinda skills have you got?
    See if you fit into any of these jobs at:
    http://www.vistechsoftware.com/careers.html

Tis a nice place to work smile.gif

Good Luck

[edit]
    Oh and stay well away from Recruitment agancies, they'll put you into helldesk straight away. Hand in a few CV's around the place, works much better
    [/edit]

[This message has been edited by Enygma (edited 22-02-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

q3... ehhh sounds like my kinda place...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I don't really bother with WWH cos I just about get a decent ping at home

Advertisement