Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posters around town....

Options
  • 19-07-2002 12:10pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This seems like as good a place to ask as any so..

You know those posters advertising gigs around the dublin? The ones that are put on the hoardings around construction sites etc.. well, has anyone got contact details for the people who do/organise that , and anyone got any idea of the costs involved, and the lead time on them??

Cheers,
    J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

You have to contact the IPA. If you try to put up posters on their sites without permission they'll hunt you down and pack you off to Siberia.

The numbers in the book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Arch

There's also 'Main Event', who can put up posters for you.

The last time I had this done, it was about €120 for 30 posters to be placed on billboards around the town.

The lead time varied dramatically - one time I dropped them in the week before they were to be posted, the next they were booked out for a whole month. So try to ring as long before the target time as you can.

Cheers,
    Arch.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

You need to contact two outfits:

Screenlink print the posters (€130 for 50) - contact Fregus 8364911. If you ask them, they will pass them to IPA who will put them up - Anne 6797700- €4.10 per poster per week. VAT may be extra.

The standard deal is that you get 50 done per week; they erect 30, give you 10 and keep 10 as spares in case of damages.

I've used them twice, but given the cost involved, it might be best only to use them for a big gig/launch. Then again, for all I know you could be loaded...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Thanks for all the replies lads, much appreciated

J.

Advertisement