Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL for Navan in August?

Options
  • 19-07-2002 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

I have been told by Eircom that ADSL will be available in Navan this August ( latest September) does anyone know how accurtate this is?

Apart from this has anyone actually been charged the 3.9c per MB for downloading over and above the allocated limit on the Solo product? I know they reserve the right but have they actually charged?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Taken from "Eircom net permanent Connections and DSL comparison." Date 1/5/2002
    Geographic Coverage:

At launch:
    34 exchanges in Dublin

End of summer 2003:
    Regional Exchanges in Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Galway and The North west

End of 2003:
    Expected in 100 exchange in total including Midlands, North east and south east*

Note: Based on current DSL rollout plan

* Subject to change

So there you have it. A slow, staggered, painfully expensive roll out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

I thought so! My day worsens!!

I said this to the genuinely helpful call centre chap but he assured me it was August - unless he knows something the rest of Eircom dont.

I cant even have ISDN type "Hi-Speed" , no available ports etc etc...yawn.

My LIFE literally depends now on I-Beam....unless Chorus come up with the goods.....hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

what about ennis, or are they releasing it to us after the trial?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭XbLaDe

Originally posted by Dangger
    Taken from "Eircom net permanent Connections and DSL comparison." Date 1/5/2002

End of 2003:
    Expected in 100 exchange in total including Midlands, North east and south east*

When i rang eircom about DSL about two months ago asking why Waterford was one of the last they said this probably wont be the case and it should be available by December.

Esat said around November.

Anybody know whats the situation with Waterford ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

According to Eirscum, Waterford is to be upgraded within "12-18months". By the time they offer it at my doorstep, hopefully I'll have I-Beam, and I'll tell them to shove it up their hole..

• Advertisement
Advertisement