Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who knows about contracting in the IT industry?

• 23-02-2001 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,

I'm getting a bit tired of the same ole 9-5 job in IT. I am looking at going into contracting positions (3-6 months) - seems like a gr8 way to get experience in a lot of different areas of IT! Has anyone here got any advice for me,it seems to be the way to go to make a lot of money in a short time! But, then again, there are disadvantages, u are not entitled to holiday or sick pay!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

Howdy, Free-Lancing can be good but when times are lean they are really lean. If you want to free-lance the only stipulation for success is ... BE VERY GOOD at what you do. In order to establish yourself you will need a few clients as referances and this is easiest to do while you still have a 9 to 5. The first few are the most difficult to get but after that its plane sailing. Don't rely on job agancies either, Your CV is worth about £100 to them (they get fees for submitting applicants) even if they ever get back to you.

litebeer.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

two newbies eh, welcome aboard.

Advertisement