Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

View new posts............

• 19-07-2002 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Any chance we could have Energy FM removed from the view new posts yokie?

Not that I don't like them, or have any problem with them, it's just that their...em......'high turnover' of posts has kind of hijacked the View New Posts yokie. 22 new threads and 250 posts in a forum that started yesterday obviously shows some serious interest, meaning it'll probably hijack the new posts for some time to come..........
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I second the notion.

And third and fourth it. In fact I'll fund it if I have to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

they do have a very high post count for such a new forum.
    the problem is they are using it as more of a chat room than a forum.

i think some mentioned to them to use IRC. that would help.

i have nothing against EnergyFM its just their new post are populating the new posts list on the front page.

that would be ok if the posts had some thing constructive or were some way interesting in them, but to me it seems like most of the posts could have being done through a PM or on IRC.

i know it is new and it will take a while to sort out a few teething probs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I have removed all Community forum posts from the main page.

Regards,

John.
    --
    [php]
    $excludeforums = "";
    $communityforums = mysql_query("SELECT forumid FROM forum WHERE LOCATE('80', parentlist) > 0");
    while ($communityforum = mysql_fetch_array($communityforums)):
    $excludeforums .= "$communityforum[forumid],";
    endwhile;
    $excludeforums = substr("$excludeforums", 0, -1);
    [/php]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Good news, one stage was completely Free radio posts :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by Rabies
    they do have a very high post count for such a new forum.
    the problem is they are using it as more of a chat room than a forum.

i think some mentioned to them to use IRC. that would help.

few points

it may at times be like a chat room but a lot of people use this place in work and CAN'T use irc in work that bein the reason they post on boards such as this one.

i dont applaud them for it but well u know what its like stuck in work. probably best we were takin of that new posts thingy i would agree with you on that point.

and on that note id like to say these are my opionons and do not relate to any or all energy fm members. i do believe that they have brought a good few new members on to the board and vastly increasing ur community.

thats all for now

ste

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Im_Not_Here

Originally posted by Rabies

that would be ok if the posts had some thing constructive or were some way interesting in them,

Its interesting to us!

1 point on that i agree with im_not_here

and if they werent interesting why have other members of boards.ie come and joined in on some of the conversations in the threads.

maybe people find all the computer talk not interesting so u cant slate us for that.

ever hear of open minds ?
    or
    different strokes for different folks ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by djste18
    it may at times be like a chat room but a lot of people use this place in work and CAN'T use irc in work that bein the reason they post on boards such as this one.

Makes a bit of sense does that. Good reason in itself to get it off the front page though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Wtf?! Chatroom.

Originally posted by DRakE

Wtf?! Chatroom.

well if you went in and read the times ive posted at and what ive posted its been replyin to threads that were posted during the day and between my post and the last post it can be a couple of hours. so before u start to slate our board please go in and look at the facts before u slate us. if our board is considered a chatroom its only because its busier than the rest coz people are in work use it then people who cant use it in work come home and use it and folk who are just in from a night out log on and use it. thus makin it busy but again if u bothered to go in and check out these facts before u said this u wud have known this. sorry bout the ranting session but i feel i must get my point across that its not a chat room but merely a busy board.

ste

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Anyway I think I've removed Free Radio and Private posts from the main page now.

You can of course subscribe to Energy FM or any other forum and see those in the last posts listing by clicking on the Subscribed Only option on our main page.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement