Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nostalgia......

Options
  • 19-07-2002 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

So, who among us has a song they know that really connects with them and reminds them of something or someone?

Ill start off.

I know ill ged flamed for this, but "Go Wherever You Will Go" by The Calling is one of my favorite songs becuase it reminds me of my first(and last) true love.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 joltgirl02

hallelujah by rufus wainwright. (its this song from shrek)
    i dont know why. it reminds me of someone. you know who you are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Don't ask why, but Fenix*TX - Phoebe Cates reminds me of CTYI. And Blink 182 - The Rock Show reminds me of CTYI 2001.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

im almost definitely NOT coming back. I suffered WAY too much emotional trauma over the 3 weeks, and I left a complete wreck. Its becausse of that place im such a state.
    Ill only go back with a very good reason.

And there are certain people i dont want to run into again. I cant love anymore because of what happened to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

ummmm.... Whiskey in the Jar by Metallica reminds me of playing baldur's gate one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Lint Demon

I can teven begin to list them. the backstreet boys "i want it that way" reminds me of 6th grade and CTY at Stanford, and the first guy i ever slow danced with. And... wow. I know I will think of more. There are so many songs that make me cry and get all sad/happy when i hear them because they remind me of my past.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

... Another One Bites The Dust always reminds me of driving at night <don't ask>...
    Type O Negative "All Hallows Eve" will always remind me of one halloween.
    The entire of Garbage Version2.0 will always make me think of Doom 2.
    Any Radiohead that predates Kid A reminds me of my dorm in CTYI 2000... BEST TIME OF MY LIFE EVER.
    GNR Paradise City reminds me of Duncannon beach at midnight walking around with my friend shouting at each other, laughing and drawing stuff in the sand.
    Velvet Underground - Waiting For My Man and Heroin will always remind me of being stoned.
    U2 - Staring At The Sun reminds me of 6th class...
    Therapy? - Diane was <alongside Until It Sleeps> the first music video to make an impression on me. Followed by Paranoid Android.
    Goo Goo Dolls "Iris"... sitting in a corner of the disco hall in CTYI, alone and in complete misery.
    Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven... in portugal at a bar late one night, i was first told what the song was about <while it was being performed in the background>... i think i cried.
    ... many other songs... but i can't think here... stuck away from home. i know nothing here. curses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

Violent Femmes - Blister In The Sun (the song from grosse point blank)

because it reminds me when I first connected with my bro, who is now a friend of mine when before I might as well have been a lonely child.

dude, garog, how can you say your not coming back?

"when I'm a walking I strut my stuff and I'm so struck out, I'm high as a kite, I just might stop to check you out" pointless song but it lifts my mood :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Oisín Collins

2 songs- obviously american pie by don mcClean cos its the CTYI anthem and it reminds me of CTYI whenever i hear it

2nd is A thousand miles by Vanessa Carlton cos it reminds me of someone who means a lot to me and it expresses how i feel about them perfectly. you know who you are. if you get this have fun in irish college!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Lil' Jesus

Same as above, American Pie reminds me of CTYI, my first and only time so far, and the guys in my class, Clare, Clare, Kerry, Nadia, Steven, and Matthew (sorta) in particular, I miss u gays!

That titanic song by Celine Dion reminds me of my first slow dance in an Irish disco at my school, and of me waiting in a disco for my date, my best friend and his date, soon to be stood up by all three, i have no idea how it does both.

And in recent news, some song i completely forget reminds me of falling on an ice rink, in which it was being played, and damaging my teeth, making it hard to eat from then until now, becoz they're better now (yay). This all happened on my 14th b-day on the 14th of July! But ill remember the song when i hear it dagnammit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Lil' Jesus

holy crap, above, in the fist paragraph i meant, "i miss you guys" not gays, sorry :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Super Mario Bros 3 reminds me of a wasted youth... still love it, though, of course.

And the Queen: Greatest Hits compilation reminds me of driving through France when I was ickle. This is because it was played rerpeatedly in the car by either my dad or my sister, can't remember which, while we were driving through France. I was ickle at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

music again .. cool..

everybody needs somebody
    and
    round here
    and
    red chord

remind me of learning to play guitar at ctyi in 2000. .

and oh 'under the bridge' reminds me of dancing with the first girl i ever danced with in ctyi in 1994... *ha! now i feel old!*

isnt that lovely, remembering the first girl you danced with? much better than first kiss. no matter how closely that follows on from first dance *lol* (not very, in my case!)

time to stop thinking out loud .. byee

davidx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Violent Femmes - Colour Me Once
    Reminds me of fun childhood things... well.. just playing computer really....

AND

Prodigy - Breathe
    BEST MUSIC FOR QUAKE EVER <the first one>!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

i'm suprised that all of u didn't say american pie. of course. the first time i heard it after the last disco, i started sobbing......wwaaah.......oh, and i just have to say "I'm a little teapot." (not that i hear that on the radio..... but that was hilarious!)

oh- i forgot to add- on a slightly more serious note: time of your life by greenday. yes, it's kind of overrated. but still. it reminds me of ctyi....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Marilyn Manson- Scabs, Guns And Peanut Butter, and S****y Chicken Gang Bang both remind me of 2nd year.

Hoobastank- Running Away, again, lost love.

Puddle Of Mudd(i know, I know)- Drife and Die reminds me of the Junior Cert.

Anything by American Head Charge reminds me of sitting on the bus back from Birr, bored s**tless by having to sit beside Michelle(shudder)

That reminds me, where did the Session 2ers go instead of Birr?

Cradle Of Filth- Cthulhu Dwan reminds me of My dorm at 3 in the morning, eating pot noodle with Sim.

Nickleback- Good Times Gone, anything I ever missed. Money Bought of anyone who I KNOW is fake and into whatever they're into just to follow trends.

Smashing Pumpkins- Disarm just reminds me of Danny absolutely destroying the song at the talent show. God, he made me hate that song.

danny.......yeah, he did play that song all day, didn't he? he was amusing tho. gotta give him that credit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

American Pie, duhhhhh.
    Hmmmm, Joni Mitchell 'the circle game', reminds me of graduation and me being ecstatically happy and everyone else crying around me.
    Morcheeba 'rome wasnt built in a day', reminds me of consoling my friend after LC results last year.
    D12 'purple hills' twas my roommate limpy Karen's song at CTYI last year
    Red Hot Chili Peppers 'by the way'-whole album reminds me of hols this year, well last week really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

I have a song to remind me of most people/places i know. 'nothing else matters' by metallica (ye gods) reminds me of ctyi a lot,cos i remember sitting on the grass near the fountain with a bunch of my friends, and two of them playing it on guitar and singing and it was really happifying (yeah,i know its not a word). And 'star star' by the frames cos they played it at a disco after my throwing my frames cds at the dj and everyone was saying wtf? and it was amusing.

Advertisement