Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice.....

• 13-03-2001 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Im 17 in 13 days, i left after doing my JC. Im out of school 2 years and I want to know what I can do as in courses, I know fas do them but are they the best place to go? I want to do something along the lines of webdsign and a graphics/art course to help me out with it.. I know getting a LC would be the best thing to do but im just wondering whats there to offer in that line without it... please don't give me sh*t for leaving I've heard it all....

Vac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

FAS or a PLC are probably the only way to go. You won't be a mature student for years yet so no college will take you. You can get a CERT from a PLC or FAS and take a job from that or go on to college. afaik a CERT is just one year (though it could be two).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've just been thinking : PLC = post leaving cert so maybe FAS is your only bet. Wouldn't hurt to ask though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

There are [non-fàs] courses you can get without the LC... check the yellow pages for 'em... call up and ask for a list of courses, most good ones will post you out a nice big envelope of leaflets and A4's about what they have on offer.

There are a load of places around Merrion Square, the courses can cost a bit, but there's far less screwing around (ala Fàs's waiting list and entry requirements).
    Make sure you're working towards a recognized qualification aswell, no point in slaving away for Granny Smiths Diploma of excellence when you could just as easily get something with more industry recognition.
    And ask them if they'll find you work experience upon successful completion of the course.

Definitely see what Fàs have on offer before you go blowing £500 on a course though smile.gif

SONIC.gif

Advertisement