Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do u set up a Pirate radio station

• 19-07-2002 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Dont know if this is the right place.

Anyone know how to go aboput setting up a pirate radio station.

Dont worry it wont compete with Phantom, as will be way outside the Pale

i want to rock my end of the country

I have loads of rocking tunes and have a few ideas for comedy sketches.

h yeah, have absolutely, sweet FA of an idea to go about it

Anyone?

Please

Motm

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I am in the midst of setting up a station in an Unspecified Region of the Country, however my technical dude has taken himself off for the summer, leaving me to electrocute myself on a daily basis, normally while sliding off a roof.

I think you'll find that in general, people are not very helpful when you're looking for advice on this subject. I myself was recently granted an interview with someone I thought would help, and was intimidated out of it altogether, in the end I asked a few questions I already knew answers to and got out of there!

Can you let me know where you're setting up and if you're anywhere near me?

Ta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Silverfish,

Was that me youre talking about? And if so, am I that intimidating? Jaysus thats gas.

Regards,

Pete Reed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

get yourself an eye-patch and a peg leg and go arrrr a lot and i'll keel-haul ya :D
    but seriously seee
    http://www.irational.org/sic/radio/

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Pete Reed
    Silverfish,

Was that me youre talking about? And if so, am I that intimidating? Jaysus thats gas.

Regards,

Pete Reed

Aww Pete you're lovely :-D

Eeeep.

No, Pete, that wasn't you I was referring to, although I should have guessed you'd think that.........

Although, in fairness, I was pretty intimidated that day too. And every day previously and since.

Hence preferring to electrocute myself than ask for help from anyone established, their presence causing me to forget ..you know...things you say...uh...words.

A very embarrassed Silverfish

• Advertisement

There was a bit of an annoyed tone in that 'Jaysus, that's gas' sentence (i.e. no exclaimation mark), so let me just phrase this a bit better than before.

I apologise, but this time the fame is not yours, Pete Reed.

The honours in the unhelpful stakes go to an entirely different set of people, in relation to studio space and unused equipment.

In no way was my first post alleging, insinuating, suggesting, or accusing Pete Reed or any Phantom staff member of being intimidating or unhelpful.

If it had been Pete Reed, would have been so stupid as to post it on the Phantom message board? (Maybe don't answer that.)

In my last post, yes,I said I was intimidated, but for different reasons,i.e.. as you would be when you meet people who's job is so much cooler than yours, and who know a lot of things about something you only wish you knew. Among other things.
    I was intimidated, but for the above reasons. You were helpful and I was grateful for the time you spared.

Thank god I didn't meet Gerard Roe, I possibly would have lost all command of the English language for several weeks.

Again, my apologies for any misunderstanding caused by lack of clarity on my part.

I don't like unnecessarily upsetting, offending or causing major annoyance.

That's all.

Forgiven?

A still embarrassed Silverfish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

"I don't like unnecessarily upsetting, offending or causing major annoyance."

...you do that to me on a daily basis....hahahhahaha

....seriously though, i find standing on the roof in a thunderstorm with a coathanger plugged into an electrical socket whilst singing nickleback's lastest (s)hit works wonders, you get a good broadcast "footprint"........

i'm kent brockman and thats my two cents.

Dear Mr 120 minutes.

Any reply I make will ensure swift and immediate moderation by Pete Reed.

So I'll leave it at this.
    I annoy and insult you on a bi-weekly basis. Get your facts straight, mister.

And I tried your suggestion, I'm now the only person I know with a season pass to the local casualty dept. (Thank you guys for all your help. See you Saturday)

SIIIIILVAAAAAFIIIISH
    Daaaa da dadada Daaaa da dadadadada DAAAAAA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭zainabc

if nybody is in dublin im vry interested in settin up a station or givin a hand helpin thanx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Thank god I didn't meet Gerard Roe, I possibly would have lost all command of the English language for several weeks.

Errrr.... Thanks,...... (I think) :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement