Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ak-47

• 19-07-2002 6:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

I finished it today after i thought it was ****éd but it came out pretty well imho. Its around 2000 polys so its not gonna work well with a crappy computer. Also i got Goosemans animations so i don't have to animate the model i can just skin it and attach the bones and i'm away with it. Any thoughts/comments?

ak47rend2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Vey nice. First render is a tad bright, so maybe re-render it :D

Looks, 1337, put a strap on it tho :) and a nice wood texture

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Being the simple minded human that I am, I really can't see the difference between your own model and that of the AK included in CS... Of course, I can't talk, seeing as I rarely utilise any other weapons bar that of the Benneli M3 Super 90.

Actually, now that I've studied it more - It looks a lot more... Hold on, it has little bits and bobs added to it (In comparison to the CS AK) like the knotches on the sides... Nice!
    It looks great (As your stuff usually does)!
    Fair play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah the first render is kinda crap alright heres another one so.
    ak47.jpg
    I don't think i can add a strap though thats kinda hard and skinning would be annoying. Btw i reduced the polycount to around 1500.

I kinda left the skin for a while, like 2 weeks or so but i'm finally nearly finished. Here it is anyway.
    ak47skin.jpg
    As you can see the clip isn't done and some parts are just plain grey so when i get these done and compiled everything i will release it hopefully. This will be my first released model so i hope all goes well. Btw i'm not to sure my wood is all that so if anybody could point me to some good high res, good quality wood textures i would appreciate it thnxs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I just zipped up 2 1.5mb wood texture files

email kdja@modtheater.com if you want them some nice ones.

kdja

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

uoooooo, shiney:p

Nice work raven:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

very nice, but do you mind having some feedback ?

well the wood pieces are too blurred...it's too soft..and the edges dont look right.
    but the model is first class !!

Thanks Kdja but your email address didn't work or something could you send them to skyne@oceanfree.net thnxs. Wook i know what you mean about the blurryness i'll try and fix it but what edges are you talking about?

sent :0

some nice ones

kdja

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

NOW I can see the difference...

Absolutely gorgeous!

• Advertisement

resent em one at a time

let us know when you get the 1st your email was full other day.

kdja

Thnxs Kdja i got the 2 emails.

Finally done i might redo it someday but for today its done.Final poly count is 1274 (after i deleted the other side of the gun) which is low enough kinda. And thanks to Kdja for the different wood textures. I had to darken the skin to make it look resonable in game but i'm not to sure if i have lighting on it or not.
    ak47final.jpg

Download

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

WEh!

/me downloads and donces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

I don´t know if this comes out well in writing but:

hubbadah hubbadah hubbadah!!!!!!!

Nice model!!!!

-rob

Advertisement