Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sigur Ros Cancelled

• 19-07-2002 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Taken from www.mcd.ie

Unfortunately, Sigur Rós have had to cancel their scheduled appearance at the Galway Arts Festival, due to take place Sunday week, July 28th.

Full refunds are available from point of purchase.

Sigur Rós hope to announce a full-scale European tour for October.

They send their very sincere apologies that they are unable to fulfil these committments. Georg has sent this message of apology:

"Hi. This is george from Sigur Rós, I'd just like to say how really sorry we are to people who bought tickets to see us at this summer's festivals and all those who put in a lot of effort to organise these shows.

"We're not in the habit of cancelling shows, but unfortunately the album is taking longer than we expected and we have to finish it in order for an autumn release. We should be back around the release date, and we hope to see you then. george and the band."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 staring elf

sigur ros are probably one of the 3 most interesting bands i've ever heard along with ben folds five and gomez (the beatles don't count as they're too far ahead of every band that ever walked this planet). agaetis byrjun is such a beautiful album. i can't wait to see them live, i'm sure they'll come here soon to make up for missing the galway gig.

Advertisement