Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ADD COMMUNITY- Extreme/Alternative Sports

• 19-07-2002 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Board Name: Extreme/Alternative Sports
    Description: A place to discuss skating, blading, surfing, etc.
    Private Y/N: N

Comments

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Would I be right in thinking that this is a subject that could, pretty much, be safely discussed on the basic "Sports Board" without running the risk of flooding it!?
    If the answer is 'yes' then is there really a point to creating another watered down Sports Board!?

This is pretty much the same situation that we had with the RPG / Dungeons & Dragons thread...

It is reasons like this that there have been recent discussions of Board 'merging'...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Why don't you try using the boards that are already provided before asking for new ones? At the time of posting, have you ever even posted once to the Sports Board about alternative sports?
    Not a flame, just a question.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

On the flip side there is a grouping of sports that has a decent following and is separate from the usual sports supporters...
    They would see themselves as separate and so might not be keen on mixing... (ala CS and Quake :) )

I'll have think about this, being a snowboarder and all I cant believe I didnt think of something like this earlier...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Extreme sports? Is that like kitten flipping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

well I was going to propose this myself, being someone who enjoys skateboarding, wakeboarding, spearfishing and windsurfing and am keen to go snowboarding this new years as I haven't tried it yet

It's a reasonable request.

You may be right rope, why not give it a trial run, no harm eh :)

• Advertisement

Hmmm I remember ages ago posting a thread on kiting and it got gunned down in the sports forum for not being a sport. I presume this board would be sympathetic to my plea? pwease?

I don't see why not, although maybe we should call it the lightweights sports board if we're gonna be talking about kites, or were you referring to kiteboarding :D which is what I'll be trying out this summer myself :)

Kiting is great fun and stuff like this that people don't want appearing on the "sports" board should appear on this board being proposed and philosophised about as we speak ;)

I'm sure if I went into the sports board and started posting about upcoming skate events I would get flamed to pieces which is why I have not done so.

quick example - Skateboarding demo on in Corks newest skatepark today although I'm sure not as many people who would like to know about it do, this board would be perfect for announcements about little events like this that people like myself love to attend but often don't hear about because it's never really advertised enough. Or the people organising it don't have the money to advertise it over the radio tv etc because like the gaming community the people that organise these events do it because of a love they have for something not for profit, but for recognition.

I hereby elect myself moderator/announcements manager for the skateboarding department. :)

I know everyone who forms the biggest part of the skateboarding community here in Ireland, from the owner's of the skateshops around town to the guys running their own companies with their names on their product who have finally after years of trying and serious determination, earned what they deserve and are now professionals. They skate competitions, organise demo's, build ramps (new development currently underway, it will be finished mid next week, venue at St James's Gate, Guinness. This is an attempt to get kids off the streets and give them something to do and hopefully find some hidden talent. The money has been donated to them to carry out the work and then get the kids from the surrounding area's in, give them a board, show them how it works, and see how they get on :)

I could go on wafflin forever but I'm sure you get the idea.

A promotional video from Wayne Gallagher (founder of Boarderco Ireland with a team of sponsored riders is soon to be released, you can sneak a glimpse of me and some friends in there too :D

Get this board on the GO! :D

So much talent has come from irish skaters it astounds me! Currently we have 4 skaters who are competing at an international level, and on one occasion came 2nd in the British Skateboarding championships at Radlands Skatepark in Northampton. Go Board Go. Up up and away, hmmmm go web go!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah, you know what, feck it we have to try or we'll never know, and besides it will give me somewhere to post my snowboarding pics (which dissappointingly look like I'm a foot off the ground, when I swear it was a huge jump! Honest, Shador saw it! :) )

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Harmo

Can i be Mod :) As i hav a interest in extreme sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

if is this community is not on the dhtml menu yet could you add it or am i hallucinating again?

cause that's been happening a lot lately

• Advertisement

Its in sports. (as is Pro wrestling *titter*)

n1 :D

Advertisement