Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Namco system 22 emulated!!!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

After reading this thread last nite, cancelled my mp3 downloads, and downloaded ridge and the emu. and its running sweet on a p3 600 768ram , nearly brought a tear to my eye, remembering all those mispent 50p coins in Quirkeys, and then buying a PS for the bloody game !

All i can say is, please if anyone finds raver racer, send me a PM

Also , id love to see Time Crisis on my PC, altough maybe im hoping for too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

finally got a chance to get it running and i get an error cant load "rr uu bin " somfin

need sleep plz fix ........lol

kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Got Ridger Racer 2 working with the fixed bin files and man its sweet even on my celeron700. Anyone get Rave Racer up and running yet ? More to the point, anyone "get" Rave Racer yet ?

i'm gonna go hunting for it tonight, as it was the Ridge game that never came out on any consoles, the brought out the rather dull Rage Racer - which was good, but not as good !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I have it running fine on my P3 800 640meg GeForce2 pro 64meg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

You have Rave Racer running ?

dont think we'll be seeing Rave Racer for awhile, read through a few EMU boards, and it seems only the authors have it up and running, and haven't let it out for download yet,

still getting error cant open "rr uu bin" and then it shuts down ,using the old rom and even with the fixed set.

i dont even see the game just loads and crashes

anyone any ideas??

kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

Make sure the files are correctly named, check the zip. The only file i could see that looks like it might have caused the problem is
    Rrs1prg-uu.bin

It should be fixable easy enough.

thats the filename exactly...

its only on part1 but ,was just playing 2 :)

how can i fix it ????
    Kdja

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Gerry

Sweet, got it to work perfectly.
    spec: p3 933 , 512mb pc150, geforce2 gts.

By turning on dxt1 texture compression I got it to work with no texture reduction.

Absolutely class piece of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Managed to find RR1, but can't even get a sniff of RR2...
    Anyone want to help out?

PM me pls..

Pmed :)

btw still get that error "cant laod "Rrs1prg-uu.bin
    "

any ideas???
    kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Logie(or someone) can you send me links to Emu+Roms as i`m a total feckin n00b and can never get these things working

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Sent you a pm BazH with details..

can i ahve that PM too plz ...

i only have a few webbies need more :)
    thx
    kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Are the default settings for the emu particularly low? Just it seems to have awful graphics here (e.g. 2 colour almost-rectangles for cars) when first run, and I can't get into the config screens... when i click the relevant menus, it just sits there :o\

Any chance someone can paste the contents of their config file into a reply? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

yes, the default graphics settings are terreible, but once you change them it will look amazing, i had same problem that i couldnt change any settings in the emulator window, but the settings can be changed in a file called "settings.xml", you have to EDIT this file, not open it, only change the numbers in " ", change the a few things like : texture_format="1" texture_reduction="0" and this should help

do you have xp? wondering why we cant get settings in emulator window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Make sure "disable visual themes" is checked for the exe. then you can change the config.

Viva Nonno updated to version 22.0.2.....Here
    You might also take note of the pictures of Rave Racer
    Talk about gloating:(

• Advertisement

In case anyone hasn't seen the other system22 games that there hoping to emulate as soon as they get there hands on the hardware take a look Here

No ones gloating, the author was given a romset by someone (a japanese guy it seems) and told that he was not allowed to release it. It all boils down to the fact that this japanese/whatever person owns the romset and won't release it. Theres a donation thing going on now to buy all the pcb's for the various games, that'll eventually result in all the games being dumped.
    Bit of a pity, cos i've played all these games before and i can only really be bothered playing rave racer. The rest are pretty cack, ridge racer 2 is ok, but not if you already have 5 and the bonus disk from RR4.

I'm sure Rave Racer will surface very soon either bought or donated by someone else. I'm just wondering why the owner of the board wouldn't want the roms realised. It's a pain having to get a board when there's already a good dump available.
    i've played all these games before and i can only really be bothered playing rave racer. The rest are pretty cack, ridge racer 2 is ok
    Ace driver and Cyber Commando CACK???
    I couldn't see many people agreeing with you there especially Ace driver. I was a huge fan of cybersled and it's follow up and as i recall it was pretty popular to;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

wish we'd get system12 emulation for soul calibur like now

AND.............Drool..........
    Super World Stadium '99
    Tekken 3
    Tekken Tag Tournament

The BEAST from www.system16.com

Namco System 12 Hardware
    Main CPU : R3000A 32 bit RISC processor, Clock- 48MHz, Operating performance - 30 MIPS, Instruction Cache - 4 KB
    BUS : 132 MB/sec.
    OS ROM : 512 Kilobytes
    Sound CPU : Namco "195" sound CPU
    Additional Sound Chip : Sound Processor 24 Channels, 44.1KHz sample rate, PCM audio source, Digital effects include: Envelope, Looping, Digital Reverb, Load up to 512K of sampled waveforms, Supports MIDI Instruments, Namco C352 sample playback, C76 effects DSP
    Main RAM: 2 Megabytes
    Video RAM: 2 Megabyte
    Sound RAM : 512 Kilobytes
    Graphical Processor : 360,000 polygons/sec, Sprite/BG drawing, Adjustable frame buffer, No line restriction, 4,000 8x8 pixel sprites with individual scaling and rotation, Simultaneous backgrounds (Parallax scrolling)
    Sprite Effects : Rotation, Scaling up/down, Warping, Transparency, Fading, Priority, Vertical and horizontal line scroll
    Resolution : 256x224 - 740x480
    Colours : 16.7 million colors, Unlimited CLUTs (Color Look-Up Tables)
    Other Features : custom geometry engine, custom polygon engine, MJPEG decoder
    Notes : All roms are surface mounted Intel flash roms, with all the roms on the mainboard apart from the graphics roms which are on a seperate rom board.
    The boards are therefore unique to each game and you cannot swap roms from one to another.

Hmmm.....bring on SYSTEM 246 Hardware;)

Originally posted by LoGiE

Ace driver and Cyber Commando CACK???
    I couldn't see many people agreeing with you there especially Ace driver. I was a huge fan of cybersled and it's follow up and as i recall it was pretty popular to;)

I don't have a twin stick pad, and i remember how awful cybersled was when you played it with a pad compared to the twin sticks.
    Ace driver...i just plain didn't like.
    Rave racer is about the only one i was bothered with cos it finally got close to getting away from the bay line track thats in every single ridge game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

get the epsxe team (and pete bernert)on to a system 12 emulation project and i think we would have tekken tag... emulated before christmas. and if they had input into the zinc project it would be running a lot better than it is now. damn you alchohol making me think i know more than i actually do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

Could someone PM me a link that might have the roms, I'm way out of the loop with emulators atm :x

Done

• Advertisement
Advertisement