Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Slug : 1,2,3, or X

Options
  • 19-07-2002 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

i downloaded the mame emu from meme.dk but unfortuantely all of mame.dk's rom's have been taken down
    does anyone know where i can get Metal slug 1,2,3 or x?
    doesnt have to be for mame emu

P.S. : which is the best metal slug?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

i can post it on whatever b oard i want
    dont try and tell me what to do
    all i aksed was for peoples opinions on metal slug not for some gimp to come along and complain coz i "put it on the wrong board",
    if u wanna complain go to the complaints board
    www.suckmyass.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Are you a retard of the highest order? All he did was to point you to the forum where you would get more and relevant replies, but instead you act like a twat. pld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

i got metal slug3 for the neogeo emulator and a few king of the fighters, they are fun to play, i used http://www.neo-modus.com to get them, its a p2p file share program

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Chill out, Spiffing.... jeez... you'll give yourself a hernia.
    The mods will move this thread when they spot it.

And Garth, don't be an asshole all your life.

Back on topic, I downloaded Metal Slug 4 a couple of weeks ago (works on Nebula). Not as good as 3 or X (which are, IMO, the best in the series).

Apparently, Slug 4 wasn't done by SNK. Probably explains why its not as cool as the others.

- Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Errr, the whole series is virtually identical. From 3 onward they added multiple routes through some of the stages and some extra mounts like elephants and submarines, most of which came from the neo geo pocket version of the game.

They're all fun to play once, put in about 100 virtual credits cos theres no possibility that you can complete it otherwise :P

Better neo geo games can be found, such as zupapa, nitemare in the dark and puzzle bobble.

BTW, romsets are not limited to running on one single emulator and as it happens, nebula is one hell of a stinker of a neo geo emulator as far as performance goes. Just download either a neoragex compatible dump or get a converter to change whatever dump to another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

By far the best in the series is MS2 .Beautiful , not too easy not too hard etc . And one of the funniest games ive ever played . the little things ya know ? , Like the Arabic guards pulling fresh swords out of theyre throats when theyve hurled the original at you , and of course ploughing through the HongKong shanties in a tank is a little less subtle :D
    As for lack lack of diversity, Weh , same criticism can be made of most arcade franchises , any of the *thousands* of Streetfighters can be said to be identical except for the usual sprinkling of new characters ( around the core fighters from back in the day (with the exception of the Alpha series with the counters , chains etc.) . for metal slug its a new vehicle / weapon or two and a few fresh comedy bad guys .The dynamics of Metal slug dont change ,tbh who'd want them two :)

I still don't think i could honestly say any metal slug is easy, at standard difficulty, level 4, its near impossible to get thru some of the later levels with any amount of hostages saved. Its not designed to be easy, you die, you lose your hostages, an energy bar would go a LONG way.

MS2 and MSX are in essence the same game, good but i still can't find anything in the game that differs, as i'm not bothered with small comedic things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

True , but obviously the more you play the better you get , I can pretty much clear MS1 on a single go at this stage , if only because i know whats coming at me *this is something i really shouldnt be proud of ;)* , same with MS2/X , however from MS3 onward the did make it harder to actually kill an enemy , taking a few pistol rounds , leading to bouncing on Zombies/Crabs/whatevers heads and shooting down to actually kill something which sorta takes away from the lovely shlockey Gung ho theme perfected for me in MS2

*Or am I just bitter because I cant clear it without a tonne of continues :) ?*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

God Damn, i couldnt get past the level in MS2 where you first get the laser gun pick up. I REFUSE to use more than 5 credits in these games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Slug series is by no means impossible. I downloaded some INPs from MARP last year, in which people finished Slug 1, 2 and X with one credit. Its difficult, but not impossible. And there are loads of hidden hostages around if you know where to look/shoot (which, in turn, give you much needed weapons upgrades at critical moments!).

MARP: http://marp.retrogames.com/frames.htm

Definitely educational viewing for fans of the games...

- Dave.

No game is impossible, but a short trip into dr. Qwerkies will show you the level of boredom you have to reach to whip the game. Metal slugs fun and all but i'm not gonna still be amused playing it for the 50th time.

I've watched a few asian blokes hammer away at MSX which is currently in qwerkies and i'd say that alot of them spend ALOT of money on it cos they memorise the levels, the points where the enemy attacks etc.
    Most ppl can't be bothered doing this, especially not on a game that will not get better as time goes on.

Then again, i used to have a neo geo and seeing as the AES home system is locked for 5 continues, you're pretty shagged unless you get a debug bios or just play it far far too much, which would be the case here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

i can post it on whatever b oard i want

Oh dear, we've got a live one!

Garth_Vader, watch your attitude kid. The guy was making a constructive suggestion. If you can't be polite, then you may soon find that no, you /can't/ post on whatever board you want - because you'll be banned from this one. Comprende?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I apologise
    i was in a pissy humour and i didnt mean it
    i take it back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

don't know much about emulators but if all else fails Metal Slug X was released on PS2 u could alwas buy it

Advertisement