Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to go: dublin?

• 19-07-2002 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

What are the best places to go on the weekdays or on a Sunday ?

The palace is ok on wednesday but it seems to be the same ol music and just get plastered idea :)

Of course thats not a bad thing but change is good :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

FIBBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

God the palace is such a shithole :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The Palace has drawback such as underage drinkers, etc etc, but the reputation for scraps is incredible, as an ex-regular, I saw less fights there than in many other places round town.
    For dancing try Fireworks or Zanzibar, for pints try Macturcaills or The Mercantile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Gerry

Palace is great during the college year, its very packed on a wednesday night, but I reckon friday night is good. Its still almost all students, not scumbags, and I haven't seen any fights there. Its got cheap drink also. Then again, I wouldn't go near the place on a saturday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Pre-NightClub Venues

1. Mac Turcaills
    2. Messrs Maguires
    3. Smiths ....behind Jervis St Shopping Center (All the ladies from The Fasion Shops Go There :D)
    4. Bodkins on Bolton Street (Brilliant During The Start of the College Year on Wednesdays, then off to the Temple :D )
    5. Molloys Pub in Tallaght Village. Always good fun :)
    6. 0 Bar 1 in Tallaght. Not bad.
    7. The Buttery / Pav (Trinity College Vomit Fest on Cheap Canned Beer, with plastic pint Glasses :( )

NightClub Venues

1. Zanzibar (Good Place but, lots of Wierdos in the place tbh.. usually older ppl who have a drinking problem :( )
    2. Palace (€2 a Drink most nights.. you cannot go Wrong (€10 at Front Door though :( ), especially the music in Planet Murphy is brilliant Craic)
    3. Fireworks. More for the Shirt and Slacks Wearers, BEWARE all tee-shirt wearers, you may be stared at! :p
    4. Playhouse in Tallaght. Absolutely positively good place, respectable clients (You Get Interogated at the Door for about 10 minutes before you even get a glimpse inside :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Mutz

2. Palace (€2 a Drink most nights.. you cannot go Wrong (€10 at Front Door though :( ), especially the music in Planet Murphy is brilliant Craic)

Is closed. Saturday was last day under old management. Upstairs is being turned into a gym (possibly). Downstairs may be a pub still. Maybe.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Originally posted by seamus

Is closed. Saturday was last day under old management. Upstairs is being turned into a gym (possibly). Downstairs may be a pub still. Maybe.

Nooooooooooooooo! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

You serious ? I was there the other week and someone said something like that. Could they not at least keep it open for leaving cert night! Upstairs was way better then downstairs!

And if as many people go there as did on final day of leaving the place will be impossible to get into. Of course thats no loss if the drinks aint 2 euro each which they werent.

Is that over with now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Fantastic. Take that Palace. Man I hate that place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Go to club92 in Leopardstown. It's the best.
    I'm just back, I may be a little bit drunk (well a lot drunk), but it rocks and the women are great and the bouncers are all bang on.
    I heartily endorse this product and or service or something like that.
    Oh and I'm online right now cos my head is ringing and I cant sleep.
    Look at my typing, isnt it good, I'm not even looking at the keyboard. LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I heard the whole thing might shut down. :D

Advertisement