Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy Bryson New Book

Options
  • 19-07-2002 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Anyone one got any news on his new book. Its the one where he geos to africa. He was supposed to go last september but didnt we all know why. He is now supposed to go this september.

Has anyone heard anything. I love his books.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

http://www.careinternational.org.uk/bryson/ for info on the African book.

I love most of Bill Bryson's books, particularly the lesser-selling language ones. Shame some of them get different titles in the US as it's hard to figure out what's coming next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

ya his books are good, light airplane reading - the one about the american language was v.interesting alright (i didn't finish it because i forgot it in the plane). must take a look at this african one :>

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

the only lagnuage-based book u can get hewre is Mother Tounge. the deal withthe african book is you can only get it if u donate 20 quid to a certain charity he's going on a tour of africe with. it was supposed to be out lately, but he must have the same 'writer's block' J.K Rowling's having.:D

I picked up "Troublesome Words" in Waterstones about a year back. More of a dictionary for nitpickers than anything else - good read though.

I'd still class "Made in America" as something of a language book, or at least a book that features a lot of etymology in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Hi

Yes it is. Bill's African dary will be in the shops from 1 December.

all best

Dan Mclean

got that reply during the week

• Advertisement

Excellent - thanks for that info. Hopefully the book won't be withoug sarcasm, keeping in mind the subject matter and associated charity.

Advertisement