Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Equalisations!

Options
  • 20-07-2002 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Ok I don't have any "pod line 6" equalisers or any of that sh!t. I just have a treble middle and bass knobs. All I wanna know is if anyone knows a sjit or do they know themselfs and presets like-turn this to blah blah and that to lab blha and youve got mettallica distortion? Plus do I have to touch the pickup converters? Id like to know how to get a korn sound metallica etc. anyone got any?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

What kinda amp and guitar you got man..or any pedals at all ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

Both are ****-pratice ****. My guitar is a hondo strat and my amp in a Kustom kla20 40 watt. NO mate-no pedals-need dough for the cashin' flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

For early metallica sounds put lods of Distortion (High Gain but not fuzz), scoop out the middle frequency (not all the way bulower it t ****en loads) Tturn up the bass until just before it gets muddy and turn up the treble until just before it gets to clangy and brittle et voila

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

Well they do do some stuff
    I tend to keep The Bass (low) Set low 2 or 3
    The Mid high like 7 or 8
    And the High 7 or 8 aswell

For different kinds of music you'd wanna change some stuff like for Jazz or something you put
    The low - High
    The mid - Mid
    The High - Low

Or something like that ... if you can understand that.

For a Korn Like sound Try a metal zone pedal
    Gain a lil over two thirds of the way up
    Very Voicey settings, Like high trebble and low bass and so on

Advertisement