Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cd writer Probs

• 20-07-2002 5:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I have my comp for a year now bout of Fiuitsu Siemens and everything is fine part from the cd writer.Its a combo dvd -cd writer drve.I have having alot of probs with it .Its alwas breaking down.It has broke 3 times in the last year and each time a new drive is installed.I dont burn many cds just a few a week and then some weeks none at all.Has any body found this prob with it.Can any body recommend a good cd writer and affodable.

LOL I think its going to break again as there is a funny noice coming from it when I enter a cd.IS there any thing I can do to prevent the drive not to break and take into consideration I never watch dvds on it .It burns at 8x and I alwas burn at this speed would this break the drive running it at its max I would not have thought this would have broke it but I cant see why it alwas breacks since everything else is fine and works fine.
    Any help thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

You can't go wrong with a Plextor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

you can get a X30 LG re-write off komplett.ie for €80 it is also possible to over clock it to X40.LG are a good make and are very affordable with plextor ur paying 4 a name but they are very high quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

I had an internal CD-R drive and the thing kept giving me trouble from day one. If it wasn't ruining disks it was forgetting to close sessions and to make things worse the Direct-CD software supplied slowed down programs like windows explorer by (my estimate) 3 times normal. Later on I got a DVD card installed that had anti-piracy software/hardware which was essentially blocking the CD-R drive from sucessfully writing a disk! Fair enough you might think but the CDR drive neglected to ever highlight this problem and went about merrily destroying CDR after CDR whilst I had to work out what the hell was going on.

Eventually I just got tired of the piece of junk and bought an external IOMEGA CD-RW which cost me about e200. That's prob a bit steep for a CDR drive but since I'm constantly working between 3 computers it made sence to get it. I'm glad to report I've had it nearly a year now never had a bother with it. To date it has never destroyed a CD and the Direct-CD software runs like a dream. Also because it's external its great for getting files from a friends computer which may not have CDR capabilities.

If you've got the cash then I'd go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I am thinking of getting another CDRW. Looking at the ASUS 32X one on Komplett. Anyone know how this one fares when used with CloneCD ? ie: Will it make complete backups of SD2 (Safedisc 2) protected software without the need for a crack ?

Looking at it, it seems to support the RAW mode and do correct EFM encoding so I would take it that the answer is yes. However, if anyone knows any different or has used this drive, then I would like to hear about it.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=20426&t=1226&l=1&AvdID=1&CatID=3&GrpID=6&s=pl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I am havin a problem with my HP 9110i CD Writer. It tells me i dont have a IDE driver that supports it (Built my pc last Friday). Im running win2k pro and half the stuff isint supported even though it says NT Supported on the box.

Im now trying to download drivers from there site but it keeps making me order a feckin CD that i can only get if i live in the US...

I hate HP :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement