Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your average jk2 ping?

Options
  • 20-07-2002 5:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Ever since I've started playing jk2, My ping has been jumping from 400 to 600 to connection interrupted (hence the lead out of the phone line icon at the corner). I've gotton it down to on average 330 by lowering the graphics quality, disabling moving lights and making all models the same. (although the fps remains a steady 70). It states "connection interrupted" every minute or two (just when im in the middle of getting my killing slash of course), leaving it pretty much unplayable.

Does anybody else have these problems? I was told to connect through oceanfree if I fancy gaming, but seeing as Im on an NTL line,it'd cost me a good bit, and I wouldnt be able to afford much gaming then.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Get isdn :P

I ping 70-120 on any jk2 servers i play on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

NTL doesnt support IDSN... Switching to eircom would cause me to lose mah 48 flat-rate hours a week..bah,looks like I just wasnt meant for jk2 online

Advertisement