Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poetry

Options
  • 20-07-2002 5:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

<sigh>... I just know this is going to go down a treat...

I've been listening to a lot of Leonard Cohen lately <well... more I've been listening to a little over and over> and him being primarily a poet <read his lyrics> I was just wondering... what's your favourite poetry <if any> and let's see some you've done.

Personally... my favourite poems are:
    Alan Ginsberg - America
    Robert Frost - The Road Not Taken
    WB Yeats - The Lake Isle Of Innisfree; Sailing To Byantium; The Wild Swans At Coole; Politics; From Under Ben Bulben. <aye... they're the ones from my lc course>
    Seamous Heaney - Digging <mainly the last few lines... inspirational>

ok... i'm not the most well read poet. But ... I dunno... there's a lot of short unknown poetry I enjoy. I just never have the patience to work out what it all means usually...

I'll post some of my stuff depending on the reaction to this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Well having read some of your stuff I do think you should post it, or at least encourage people to join CTYIPoetry.

But Sven your stuff is normally quite good if occassionally unusual but its definitely worth posting, I think it'd go down well.

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

<sigh>...
    Poem about Tim and Jeff Buckley. "Tribute To The Buckley's"

Father and son
    At once were one
    Through death become
    Father and son.

Never said it was a good <or long> one... ... i'll post a better one so. <and one that NO-ONE WILL GET! ;p >

Mr. Someday Addict's Thank You To God For Widespread Narcotics

High society's flashlight
    Is blinding my eyes.
    Where's my cabin on my
    Mountain in the sky?
    There's a fish in the clouds
    - A squeaky door behind me
    (Shut the **** up!)

So why shouldn't I
    Take that pill?
    Why shouldn't I
    Shoot to my veins?
    When you dance with the Devil
    You know you'll get burned
    So why not dress lightly
    And treasure the tan?
    Hit me.
    Again and again.

Sven '02
    <Written on a hammock in the Sierra's. I was bored and I let my mind wander...>

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

sippa,
    check out the literature forum in after hours, we are posting our poetry there...give it a whirl ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

YOU LOVE ME?! YOU REALLY LOVE ME!

<swoons>

;p

Advertisement