Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birds ,can i kill them??

• 20-07-2002 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

I ahve a family of crows living on my dish and it keeps blanking out sky when they sit on the dish.
    Ayneon else have this and can you kill them???

kdja

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Thats cool> Train them to sit on the dish during the endless sky adbreaks.They would be doing you a favour. Regarding killing them,throw stones at them but dont shoot,apparently its illegal in built up ares to use a firearm>>

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, what about covering the LNB arm in grease or vaseline? It will be too slippy to perch on then! Plus as a bonus, it won't rust as quick ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

1. Find a three pin plug and a suitable length of 2 or 3 core electrical cord.

2. Strip both ends of the electrical cord.

3. Attach the approiate colour wires to the correct pins in the plug.

4. Attach the live wire on the other end of the electrical cord to the satellite dish.

5. Plug into an ESB power point and switch on.

6. Next time the crows come watch them fry!

N.B. This procedure is unlikely to work well and is extremely hazardous and unsafe and could end up damaging electrical equiptment in your house. Killing these crows may also see you prosecuted for endagering wildlife and the DSPCA are unlikely to be happy either. Most of all none of this is neither big nor clever and should not be attempted by anyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

This has been discussed before....

I think best option is to have a decoy dish right next to it which is electically shielded from everything else (i.e chimney, etc)

As soon as the first crow lands on it, !ZAP!... I think his buddies will not risk landing on the other dish seeing as it looks the same...

Only problem is....cleaning your gutters....crows corpses tend to block them ;) oh yeah and dont park your car in the drive...their beaks tend to break sunroofs ;)

If you do go ahead and implement this, I will co-fund a Crow-execution webcam with you ;)

cheers,
    J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

corws hate magpies..SOOOO
    go get a decoy magpie and put it up in sight of your dish..that should frak out the crows enough to go.
    (you'll get one in a shooting/fishing shop)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

Buy a shot-gun and shoot the b4stards, works every time.
    Or build a scarecrow!

Advertisement