Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new official JJ72 album info

Options
  • 20-07-2002 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

from jj72.com and ooooh damn it sounds exciting

THE FLOODGATES OPEN - "I To Sky"
    The awesome JJ72 have finally completed work on their second album for Lakota Records. It's been produced by legendary knob-twiddler Flood (famed for his work with U2 and Depeche Mode amongst others) whilst another 'legend', Alan Moulder - a name you'd associate with Nine Inch Nails and the Smashing Pumpkins - has mixed the record, a fact that perhaps hints at some of the direction the new record has taken. The album which is to be called 'I To Sky' is due for release on September 30th. It will be preceeded by a new single called 'Formulae' on September 16th. There are plans for a major live tour of the UK in October and November.

JJ72's eponymous debut album which yielded the Top 30 hits Snow, Oxygen and October Swimmer was released in 2000 and has now sold well in excess of 200,000 copies in the UK alone. Since its release, the Dublin trio comprising Mark Greaney (vocals, guitars), Hilary Woods (bass) and Fergal Matthews (drums) have toured the world, including the USA with Coldplay, appearing with U2 at Slane Castle and Earls Court and a myriad of UK and European festivals over much of last Summer. They began working on the new LP late last year, recording at Totally Wired and Pulse Studios, Dublin and Rak, The Dairy and The Bedroom Studios, London. RAK and Eden Studios in London. The record was mixed at Eden.

The full track listing for I To Sky runs as as follows, with all lyrics and music provided by Mark Greaney::

Nameless, Formulae, I Saw A Prayer, Serpent Sky, Always And Forever, Brother Sleep, Sinking, 7th Wave, Half Three, Glimmer, City, Oiche Maith

As with the band's debut, 'JJ72', 'I To Sky' will be released on Lakota Records although Lakota have struck a deal with Columbia Records for the UK marketing and distribution of the record.

JJ72 release their new single entitled "Formulae" on September 16th. Their second album called "I To Sky" will be released on Lakota Records on September 30th

Comments

Advertisement