Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hiphop gig (cLOUDDEAD)

• 20-07-2002 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

for those with a hiphop inclination, the rather decent cLOUDDEAD are playing tomorrow night in Whelans. 10 euros in.

for those not familiar: http://www.bigdada.com/artist.php?id=45

should be one excellent and quite possibly confusing gig.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Dang, too short notice for me. They doing any other gigs in this fair land ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

unfortunaly not any time soon...
    I usually try and catch any decent american hip-hop acts that happen by.. you just don't know when or if they'll even be back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

On Sunday July 21 cLOUDDEAD, Boom Bip & Doseone and Mush Records labelmates Radioinactive and Reaching Quiet will all perform at Savage Banter @ Whelans. Tickets on sale now at ten europ (plus booking fee) from Road Records (www.roadrecs.com).
    the gig'll be follwed by some savage banter dj's, so a long night for your few europes

whoa.. bloody excellent gig, and a bargain at 10 squids.

Radioinactive (i think) started off proceedings.. not really too much to write about, guitar, bass, drums and rap... somewhat enjoyable.. they did a song with a mouse puppet which was quite good :)

DoseOne came on after that, and is who everyone came to see, guys a crazy bastard, BoomBip was doing backing beats and my god they were good... totally ****ed-up and deep. basically cLOUDDEAD without the other mc "why?"... brill.

Reaching Quiet (fronted by why?) were a bit unexpected, thrashing out stuff ranging from tacky sum41 to fugazi-style punk-rock.. one or two (of the former) smelly tracks were played, most were excellent tho.

cLOUDDEAD themselves then were quite possibly one of the most
    original hip-hop acts I have ever seen, dropping some deep ****ed-up beats together with some absolutely great rhyming from the two mcs (dose one & why?).. stunning. the encore "are you satisfied?" just left everyone standing there yelling for more or else trying to stop their cheeks splitting from smiling too much. it was that good. industrial avant-garde hip-hop (for want of a better description) at its very best.

the gig'll be followed by some savage banter dj's

oh no. talk about killing a damn good original night in the foot... "hey lets play everyones favourite crap!".. cue gary numan... dear god, how about actually continuing the flavour of the evening with some hip-hop or any sort of decent beat?? needless to say i didn't stick around for smells like teen spirit to be played.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Darn I wish I was there. Sometimes living in the Peoples Republic has disadvantages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

The Gary Numan that got played straight after wasn't the savage banter dj's, they didn't start for about 20 mins after that.

ahh ok.. either way the ten minutes of ****e music that I stayed for cleared a lot of people out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Damn it I should really look at this board more often. I would have gone to that.
    cLOUDDEAD are weird as hell yet so very entertaining.

Advertisement