Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual boot with Win98 and XP

• 20-07-2002 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Is this possible? And can anyone tell me how to do it?

Need Win98 because no one in my family likes XP, but I do. :)
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Make another partition on your HDD and install win98 onto that. Windows should do the math for the dual boot..

MAKE sure you back up your stuff though... you dont want to loose it all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Here goes backup everything, then format hard drive, install 98, install xp simple. You`ll have to use FAT32 partitions to run 98 and xp. Create a seperate partition for 98 and xp(around 2gigs each) and the third partition will be for files etc.

Not bothered on explaining in depth on this as i`m sure its already been done, so have a look around the archive here on boards read up then come back and post probs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Will do, thanks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

ya don't need to format the drive, use partition magic to resize the c:\ then make the remaining space a logical drive n install xp to that. XP will sort out all the dual booting stuff and aweh ya go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Or get Connectix Virtual PC.
    I have Windows 2k Pro Server running on it and im running XP Pro.
    I also had 3 versions of Linux running.
    It can acces the net and networks aswell.
    Must have another mess with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement