Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to enter the Eurovision song contest?

Options
  • 20-07-2002 7:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭

Please don't laugh but, even though I don't have any formal music training and can't sing for the life of me, I have actually come up with a melody (and accompanying guitar chords) which everyone who'll listen tells me is damn catchy! :cool:

I've never written a song before but am really enjoying the buzz of having my own tune. And I'm just wondering if there is any hope of a nobody like me actually entering the Eurovision Song Contest? How does one enter? What are the deadlines?

Also, I need to find a good singer/guitar-player to perform it. How do I go about finding one?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I think this guy is looking to play guitar in a band/act.

reply to his post there.

and don't be spamming ALL the boards with calls for Eurovision info please (just saw you posted to instruments as well)

Lucutus

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

Thanks and sorry, didn't mean to spam - I'd posted in the other forum before I realised this was probably more appropriate.

Thanks again :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

1. practice on cucumber/large banana
    2. Find pat kenny
    3. give head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Sorry to burst the bubble but arent we banned from this years eurovision?Yor waiting till next year im afraid.
    My lovely horse dum dum dum.................

JUST PLAY THE FU*KING NOTE!!!!!!
    Sorry but sure it was a great episode:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i thought we were in it next time around

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Nope we ain't.....praise Allah....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

um, we are.

(err wait, when IS the next one?)

We are defintly in the 2003 one. Im not sure if the 2002 one has happened yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

All those too crappy too be in this years are in next years while the botton 8 of this year get next year off.

I gotta ask this, why would you, would anyone want to enter the Eurovison, its got zero cred, its killed several possible careers, anyone remember Jump the Gun. No its not a good idea, if winning a song contest is your ambition thier are others out there with less bad PR. Just don't ask me to name them. :)

Mike.

Advertisement