Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to enter the Eurovision song contest?

• 20-07-2002 7:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭

Please don't laugh but, even though I don't have any formal music training and can't sing for the life of me, I have actually come up with a melody (and accompanying guitar chords) which everyone who'll listen tells me is damn catchy! :cool:

I've never written a song before but am really enjoying the buzz of having my own tune. And I'm just wondering if there is any hope of a nobody like me actually entering the Eurovision Song Contest? How does one enter? What are the deadlines?

Also, I need to find a good singer/guitar-player to perform it. How do I go about finding one?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

why would u want to enter the eurovision.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

That's what everyone seems to want to know :confused:

The reason is some combination of -

1) I'll probably never have a tune like this enter my head again
    2) I can't sing, can't dance, look terrible and will never go anywhere!
    3) Ever since I was knee high I wanted to represent my country.... preferably in soccer or atheletics... but because I was not much good at either of those this may be my one and only ever chance.
    4) I know it's tacky and all the rest, but I really can't imagine any way of having more fun with a once-off melody in my head :p

Thanks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

if u find out let us know, mite enter it myself for the craic...... oh wait, WHAT AM I SAYING, ur evil ways have pulled me in.................................................:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

`that`d be so cool , aw man a boards member in the eurovision and to be honest with ya , ya could`nt be any worse than the usual irish verbal diarrohea that seems to end up in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wrightii121

Ive always thought the uk should do better than they have in the eurovision song contest. im a guitar player and singer and i have a band and wed be happy to play your song xD i dont know how to enter though tbh. aaaaaaaaand im only 15 :/ :S samwright@fastmail.fm email me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

trap4 wrote: »

2) I can't sing, can't dance, look terrible and will never go anywhere!

Neither could the Sex Pistols and look what they did.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

lol.....Sticky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

My lovely lovely lovely horse...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

Ive always thought the uk should do better than they have in the eurovision song contest. im a guitar player and singer and i have a band and wed be happy to play your song xD i dont know how to enter though tbh. aaaaaaaaand im only 15 :/ :S samwright@fastmail.fm email me

I think you missed the boat slightly there fella, about eight years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

If the Eurovision gave a good, well-written pop tune an proper forum to showcase a talent for writing and performance it would be great. It doesn't. A pair of tits and an ass and be eastern European and you're half way to winning.

The Eurovision does not represent a great showcase for your talent. If you genuinely have a quality pop tune sell it to a washed up chanteuse or the likes of B*witched or their ilk and then,Kerching!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Why would anyone want to enter in to that farce of a competition after watching the eurovision last sat evening is beyond me!
    The whole competition is a joke and the song from germany that won was a bad "Lilly Allen" wannabe type song with a bad vocalist.
    At least Lilly Allen is nice to look at lol!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Colinboy wrote: »
    Why would anyone want to enter in to that farce of a competition after watching the eurovision last sat evening is beyond me!
    The whole competition is a joke and the song from germany that won was a bad "Lilly Allen" wannabe type song with a bad vocalist.

Germany still won which means alot of people liked it even if you didnt

Give it a go op . You have few months to perfect your song so good luck

Colinboy wrote: »

You should have went to specsavers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

You should have went to specsavers.

Two for the price one at specsavers my friend at the moment.......................she was no supermodel and couldnt sing! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Paolo_M wrote: »
    I think you missed the boat slightly there fella, about eight years ago.

Haha, holy thread necrophelia batman!

Jaysus........8 year old thread. I didn't even notice.:)

Advertisement