Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copying CDs

Options
  • 20-07-2002 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

I just got a CD burner today and I copied 2 CDs. They play on one hi-fi and one discman that I have in my house but they won't play on either drive on my PC or 3 other CD players.

I did it using a program called Nero that came with the burner. Any ideas on what went wrong ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭pertinax

select them as audio cds, 2x speed and disc at once

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Are the other CD players old or new?
    Are you using cheap 40cent cd-r's?
    Or are you using ones that are like 199 or a bit steep, but for a good make?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

did you remember to press "close cd" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Certain CD players with lower-quality lasers cannot read CD-Rs, even if the burn is closed.

However they *should* definitely play on the drive that recorded them, assuming that that drive has been connected to the soundcard.

}:>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

I have an AIWA system about 12 years old. It's in great nick and was expensive at the time. It wouldn't play CD-R/RW at all. If you open the player you should see a small potentiometer near the laser. Adjust it with a small screw-driver and try the CD again. This should work eventually. The other replies mentioned disc-at-once and closing sessions etc., but if the CD plays on a newer player then it's not a s/w problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement