Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SB Augigy Bass problem

• 20-07-2002 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Hiyas,

Got my new machine but there seems to be a problem with my sound.

Spec - Abit TH7-II RAID mobo
    Sound Blaster Audigy Player
    Have 4 speakers and sub woofer
    Windows 2k

The problem is -

If I set it to 4 speakers, the front 2 speakers are fine, but the bass on the rear 2 are all distorted, its kinda like deep crackling, and the sub woofer doesn't work.

If it set it to 4 speakers with Digital Output only, the front 2 speakers work and subwoofer, but the rear 2 speakers don't at all.

If i set it to 2 speakers, all the speakers work inc the subwoofer, but with the same bass problem on the rear 2. (the rear ones shouldn't be on)

I put in my old sblive card into the machine, and it works fine, so I know the speakers are ok. I tried changing the pci slot, and got the latest drivers from the creative site and still no joy. I'm sure its not a problem with the plugs at the back of the card either, as the same thing happens with the digital connector in on it own, or the yellow one(whatever one it is)

Anyone out there have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

From AudioHQ make sure EAC modes are disabled ( sometimes this actually 'jam's and is stuck in one of the modes even though it says it's not. Select one/apply/disable/apply just to be sure).
    Does your speaker amp have a mode setup aswell, eg. Stereo,CMSS,DD etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

You mean EAX instead of EAC? Checked all that, and did what you said - no difference. My amp doesn't have a mode setup

Advertisement