Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trrek or Starwars

Options
  • 20-07-2002 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

vote now in the ultimate sci fi showdown

Startrek or Starwars 25 votes

Star Wars
    0% 0 votes
    Star Trek
    100% 25 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Star Trek ownz j0o ;):p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

It has to be star trek! I can never see how people try to compare to see which is better!

Star trek

TOS around 75 episodes
    TNG around 175 episodes
    DS9 around 175 episodes
    Voy around 175 episodes
    Enterprise about 25 so far....

Plus 10 films!

Star wars - 5 films!

See the difference you can't compare them! I rest my case!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Originally posted by azezil
    Star Trek ownz j0o ;):p:D

I agree with azezil being a bit of a trek head....Star trek ownz, but I reverted to the dark side, I voted for Star Wars....

1 word lightsaber.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Star Wars no contest. 5 *cough* fantastic scifi films.

Taking the films and the series as 2 different entities:

If all the Star Trek films were as good as or close to First Contact it would be much more difficult to call, as it is... 1 great film and a few semi-decent ones.

TNG was a very good series unfortunately they totally went the wrong way with the franchise after that, DS9 was nowhere close to TNG and VOY was nowhere close to DS9. And Enterprise is turning out to be rather shit.

hehe i wonder if i should start a "Star Trek or StarGate" thread, of course Star Trek would blow it out of the water, but its always fun to annoy kaidsy :p

• Advertisement

hehe i wonder if i should start a "Star Trek or StarGate" thread, of course Star Trek would blow it out of the water, but its always fun to annoy kaidsy :p

Rome wasn't built in a day azizel :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

not a chance... stargate all they way.....

Originally posted by Stokolan

not a chance... stargate all they way.....
    rite you you've sided against star trek twice now, consider this an offical warning, any more of that carry on and its a purple bubby for you matey ;):p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Error

Trek all the way baby yeeaaaahh

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Lets just compare the bots for a moment then

Trek - Data can perform hundreds of millions of commands a second.

Wars - C3P0 has trouble with stairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Voted Star Wars. Because it is bestest.
    If all the Star Trek films were as good as or close to First Contact it would be much more difficult to call, as it is... 1 great film and a few semi-decent ones.

First Contact was far from a great film, not least because they fucking *had to* include ****ty time travel and a touchy-feely Data-has-feelings subplot.

And lets face it, "semi-decent" is being very generous for some of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Have to say I woted Trek

Never could get into or like SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

I have to say star wars
    Lets just compare the bots for a moment then

data: has a sh1t attack at the first sign of emotion

c3p0: has constant sh1t attacks, but still deals with the emotions the way any gay (bent as burnt rasher gay(no ofense)) guy does, arms flay, feels faint, etc

Data: only one of his kind in known Galaxy

C3p0: as advanced if not more, and built by a 10 year old!!

ive got to say, i love both, but Star Wars more so, sheerly because of the amount of crap episodes of ST (all series) Its the few with the big ass space battles that make it at all cool

Originally posted by Drazhar
    Data: only one of his kind in known Galaxy
    ah no, he has /had a brother Lore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭fisifan01

Star Trek- Bad special effects at the start. poor ratings also.
    more scientific than action packed. Gave science fiction a nerdy image

Star Wars-Action Packed. First film to shoot space using blue screen technology. Star trek later followed suit as a result. Action packed proved that science fiction works when made for a certain audience

There's a lot more to Star Trek than "cool ships, n special effects"... it deals with humanitarian issues, love, racisim, religion, religion vs tech etc. So much more substance than Star Wars.

There's a lot more to Star Trek than "cool ships, n special effects"... it deals with humanitarian issues, love, racisim, religion, religion vs tech etc. So much more substance than Star Wars.

Soap Opera of the stars :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by kaids

Soap Opera of the stars :)
    Bad Soap Opera of the stars.

Enterprise's petty morality issues typify this :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

well bearing in mind Universal resurected and rushed out the first trek movie to cash in on the popularity of Star Wars ...i am still going to go with trek.

When Trek first went to air in 1967 in some states Black People had only just been given the right to ride on the front of the bus two years previously and here was a show that not only featured blacks and sinoese but also placed them in positions of authority.
    Not to mention the furore caused by Kirk and uhurus first inter racial tv screen kiss, popular legend has it that rodenberry had to fight the studio execs all the way to allow the scene to be shown,the story goes that the conservitive minded bosses wanted to change it so uhuru kissed spock rather than kirk as it would be less contreversial since spock was portrayed as an alien whilst kirk was the embodiement of the archetypal all american hero.Rodenberry stuck to his guns though fair play to him.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Star Trek plz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Its a strange thing to ask. There totally differant. But STAR WARS!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 jamaican

star trek is simply the best with time travel, the borg, klingons and cloking
    go away out of it star wars would never match up with star trek if it ever became a series
    star wars would never even reach the level of enterainment of the final series of voyager!!!!!!!1
    so star trek of course

live long and prosper a lot of women.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Star wars all the way, quality over quantity :p
    (naming 20 half decent star trek episodes, 5 pants films, and 1000 pretty pants episodes.....and then you got 5 superb star wars films {with another 4 to be released})

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 naughty

Star Wars all the way
    trek just sends me to Zzzzzzzzzzzz!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Those other two superb Star Wars films must have passed me right by.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

I used to be mad into Star Trek, I've kinda gone off it for a while, although I'm still interested in it. Kaid's moaning about Stargate all the time eventually got to me and I have kinda got into it, /me remembers this thread is not about Stargate. Star War's is evil, never really liked it, I went to the last one because I got in for free and I have to say the only two good bit's were anything to do with Natalie Portman and Yoda jumping all over the place with his light-thingy.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I cant believe strar trek is winning??? ik.
    Star wars cant be compared to star trek, i mean really.... Star Wars was the best , how can you compare a tv series to a block buster movie. Even the star trek movies didnt come close to competeing with star wars :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    Those other two superb Star Wars films must have passed me right by.

My bad, 4 superb films. 1 atrocious one which was still a lot better than most Trek films.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by The Duke
    Rubbish

Care to expand on that??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

I couldn't vote on either.

They're apples and oranges.

Star Trek is a long ongoing series with various themes and issues and its own background and histories, whilst in Star Wars, we're plopped into a "herioc" battle versus the evil overlords style plot which has near to no depth, despite being fun to watch.

Advertisement