Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trrek or Starwars

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

If it was films vs films Star Wars would get my vote.

The overall tho i prefer Star Trek by a long way. More substance.

Some one earlier said that ds9, voyager were ****e and got worse. I loved both those shows. DS9 had the war with the dominion and the post occupation of bajor and the troubles on that planet. Voyager was totally original in the way that it sent a crew miles away on its own.

Enterprise is good but not great. Its the same, one earth ship but this time its not ages from home and most aliens can kick the **** outta em which is a pain. It also feels less like a military run ship with the captain deciding everything, from whats best for earth to whats for dinner. It needs more rules imo to ber more effective. I dos till enjoy it tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

Star Wars owns all YORE MA's

Its just so much more enjoyable than ST. You have to actually sit and think about what a Fahg Data is in ST

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Snoop_froggy

data is da most oringinal charactor in next gen.

ST rules and they get better by de series(wit da xcetion of enterprise).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Snoop_froggy
    data is da most oringinal charactor in next gen.

ST rules and they get better by de series(wit da xcetion of enterprise).

My arse, they get worse and worse with each new series. I heard Kate Mulgrew was their third choice as Janeway after they couldn't get the first 2 actresses - the way she acts, you'd think she was their 30th choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Dunno about third - definitely second anyway as Genevieve Bujold walked out on the second day of filming Voyager.

TBH all the Star Trek Series have had crap moments - Especially the newer ones, all of whose first seasons have been notably dodgy - but some of them areclassic. In fact I don't mind Janeway at all - though first time I heard her voice it nearly drove me mad!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

yore ma is strong with this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Wars all the way baby.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

its like comparing coca cola(star wars) to pepsi(star trek) and deep down you know that coke ownz your knickers.

Star wars baby!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭medja

Trek is better in so many ways, and part of the fun of voyager was how quickly could you find the hole in the storyline this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭DrizztIE

Star Trek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I went with Star Trek...

i have to say that i am more looking forward to Nemesis then i ever did with AOTC. Strange though that they both contain themes about cloning.

Cant wait to the big E go up against that new Warbird, im sure someone will back me up on that...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

pfffft way to give the plot aweh SK :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

i went for star trek. i think its great.
    about 600 hours of some brilliant tv/films verses
    10 hours of some great , some s***e films.

my opinion that last SW film should be classified as romance, not sci fi.

Advertisement