Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of buying this mobo

• 20-07-2002 11:09pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

Anybody in a position to give me an opinion on this mobo, to go with my new Athlon XP2100 (I'm replacing my Athlon 1200 and A7V133) ?
    Or, can anyone suggest/recommend a better alternative ?
    It will have to be a 333 board as I'm getting DDR PC2700 RAM.

Asus A7V333 RAID (Socket A motherboard) (MB-010-AS)
    The A7V333 incorporates VIA® KT333 chipset to support AMD® socket A processors and high-bandwidth PC2700 DDR (double data rate) memory. Loaded with additional features such as USB 2.0 and 1394 ports, 6-channel hardware audio, as well as innovative ASUS thermal protection technologies, the A7V333 delivers optimum performance and value.

DDR333 (PC2700), the latest and fastest memory standard, supports bandwidth up to 2.7GB/s to provide enhanced performance for Athlon™ XP

Featuring :
    » 5 x PCI slots
    » 3 x 184pin DDR-SDRAM slots
    » 1 x AGP (4x) slot
    » RAID 0 (striping) or RAID 1 (mirror) with the onboard Promise 20276 RAID controller
    » ASUS C.O.P (CPU Overheating Protection)
    » USB 2.0
    » Firewire

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Here's another option:

Abit KX7-333 RAID (Socket A motherboard) (MB-019-AB)
    Featuring the latest VIA KT333 the Abit KX7-333R follows where the award winning KR7 left off, with supreme reliability and benchmarks Abit's strategy of waiting before releasing a new board has paid off yet again - producing another winner. With support for upto 8 UDMA133 devices (4 may be in RAID)

Featuring :
    » 6 x PCI slots
    » 1 x AGP (4x) slot
    » 4 x 184pin DDR-SDRAM slots
    » 2 x UDMA133 channels (4 devices)
    » 2 x UDMA133 RAID 0/1 (4 devices)
    » Official PC2700 support
    » 4 x USB ports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Im us'n the kx7 now and apart from a small raid problem im having its a great board. recommended.

Advertisement