Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why no youth station in Galway?

Options
  • 20-07-2002 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

I can't understand why there is no youth station in Galway. I am amazed that NO ONE put in a bid for one with the BCI. Does nobody out there see the potential? Galway is THE place for youth, especially at the weekends! It got more applications this year and the previous for university places among leaving certs. It is the FASTEST growing city in ALL of Europe. It is generally a cool place to live.

Dublin has 104, Cork has RED. Surely Henry Condon has some interest in expanding? I know that Radio Friendly do a fine job, but it isn't brilliant, the signal only goes so far and the reception on it is hazey at the best of times. Same goes for FLIRT.

Finally, for the stupidest businessmen out there - THERE IS NO COMPETITION.

So, can someone out there reading this, and if you have any influence, do something? We're (Galway) crying out for it!!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Listen to Flirt FM, the college radio station of NUI,G. 105.6 FM.

Or perhaps, Radio Friendly which is somewhere up near the top of the FM band.

Advertisement