Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS map walkthru

• 21-07-2002 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

first of all, i have to say that my first RA2 map will be ready soon but for a few bugs...(feckin bridges!)
    Its a nice 8 player map on a river Delta, planty of ore if you dont mind fighting for it and other nice surprises to incourage mistakes/blunders

Back to the point, bored the other day i found the guts to go thru a tutorial found in one of Drakes list, just to set up world craft make a single room with a light , 2 spawn sites, and 2 buy sites and a bomb site.....de_clostriphobic!

it was grand but i'm now trying to expand this, can some one point me to a tutorial that gets building real rooms, with doors and to another room

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

woot! another mapper joins the team*

(there isn't really team ;) )

I know there was a few tutorials in past issues of Pc GamerUK which told how to build rooms, water, passages etc :D

Can't find amy links as I posting, but I'll have aquick scout around for you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Originally posted by DRakE
    woot! another mapper joins the team*

(there isn't really team ;) )

its spreading, cheers Drake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by DRakE

I know there was a few tutorials in past issues of Pc GamerUK which told how to build rooms, water, passages etc :D

Can't find amy links as I posting, but I'll have aquick scout around for you...

Do you know which issues of PC-Gamer had the tutorials in them??

I've played alittle with worldcraft on several occasions, but neevr really stuck with it. I'd quite like to make some HL single-player, TFC, CS maps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

ARGH beyond sillyness :rolleyes:

GO HERE OK? IT A POST ON THIS FORUM WITH LOADS OF LINKS OK?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51568

ok ... ;)

look Daz, i have had a look thru those sites but it could take me a few days to find what i need,

i really need a guide to the next step in map making, i lost that issue of pc gamer where they took you by the hand and helped you to make a couple of rooms, nothing over the top, but thats type of tutorial i'm looking for!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

It took me a whole 2 minutes to find 5 tutorials on "The Basic Room" and "The Basic room with a door" and "How to make pop machines".

Click www.valve-erc.com then click resources and scroll the page or use ctrl + f

thanks daz

Advertisement