Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips & Tricks

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

One more:
    If making wholemeal bread, put a table spoon of olive oil mixed in with the Butter milk to make it softer and once baked, wrap it in a tea towel if you don't like it too dry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

One more:
    If making wholemeal bread, put a table spoon of olive oil mixed in with the Butter milk to make it softer and once baked, wrap it in a tea towel if you don't like it too dry!
    if cooking turnips and they just wont soften put a dessert spoon of sugar in the pot. they soften every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

sceptre wrote: »
    yup, spoon=winnar

For slicing onions, I find it as good to halve the onion and run the halves under a cold tap first. No crying then either.

My OH wears goggles to get over the onion thing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

I always found pineapple a chore, but one day in my local greengrocers I spotted a Fyffes pineapple slicer. Wow ! its turned out to be one of the best gadgets I've ever purchased, it cores, slices and peels all in one. Now I enjoy a few slices of fresh pineapple most days, without the hassle. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

theres a garlic slicer yoke in marks and spencer too which is fab if ur a gadget person....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

MJOR wrote: »
    theres a garlic slicer yoke in marks and spencer too which is fab if ur a gadget person....

wasing your hands in lemon juice or used coffee grounds helps to rid you off the icky smell....

poach eggs right from the fridge.... the stronger the yoke the less likely it is to break

to clean the microwave two tablespoons of lemon juice in 500mls of water microwave on high for five minutes rub off the dirt... voila

Advertisement