Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking Help

Options
  • 21-07-2002 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

I was in work the other day and saw one of the IT crowd throwing a pc into the skip! I was shocked. Anyway I took it home and opened it up to see what was in it. It had a 350 PII which is still better than the pc I had been using.

I went to overclock it last night. The mtherboard supports PII up to 450mhz. So I changed the jumper settings and nothing happened! I soon discovered that it didn't matter how I arranged the jumpers it made absolutely no difference. ????? Is it possible for a pc manufacturer to lock out the jumper settings?

The motherboard appears to be made by IBM ( Didn't think that they made mobo's) and its based on the intel 440bx chipset. If that helps at all.

Also does anyone happen to have an old AGP 2x card they don't need anymore lying around? I'd be very gratefull! Thanks for any help I get.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

i have an old tnt2 ultra here, €20 and ill post it to you, no drivers but there on the net :)
    About the overclocking, [newbie] did you go into the bios and look for frequency settings, fsb etc etc [/newbie]

anyway jacktros@hotmail.com about the card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Thats the thing! Theres nothing in the bios. Does that mean that the manufacturer has locked it out some how?

About your card I'll buy it off you. Check your email.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

p2 350 (3.5 multiplier x 100 fsb ) is multiplier locked, and what you are trying to do is change it. You need to find a software overclocking program which can change the fsb. To do this you need to find out what clock generator your board uses, ( google this, theres plenty of info out there on how to locate the chip on your board ) then if the software supports that you are in business. You might get it to 450 if you are lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Thanks for the help Gerry. I'll give it a try

Advertisement