Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esatclear Pop Accounts

Options
  • 21-07-2002 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

I have two esatclear pop accounts and I have not gotten an email from them in 24 hrs. I have sent quite a few test emails and I get no bounces. Anyone having the same problems ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Yeah, looks like the same thing's happening with mine. No sign of the test mail I sent to it, and the spam count is pretty low too :)
    There must be something up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

I've notified someone about this who works for esat. so maybe the prob will be fixed at some stage today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Same problem here. Tried changing my password (just in case!), but it's the same. :(

Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

Had a quick look at this.

Sent a mail verbosely to a known esatclear.ie addy and it's lowest priority mx, namely wonka.esatclear.ie accepted the mail, but it took it's sweet ass time. - Could suggest a heavy load on the SMTP server.

In any case, mails are being delivered, but not being processed properly by the fileserver/ pop server and thus mail is not arriving in peoples accounts. Btw, the pop server is a different box, pop.esatclear.ie.

Can only suggest that this is a heavy load that will clear after the fileserver/popserver has time to catch up on itself. Not an awful lot can be done tbh, without having esatclear noc poll the mail queues continuously ( a manual process ), so best just bear with it a couple of hours :rolleyes:

Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭mocar

I have been having a problem with my accounts for a while now. I wonder what they are up to?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

It seems to be back up now, though all my mail in the last 18hrs or so has disappeared to who knows where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

My mail from saturday is arriving this morning in bits and pieces. About bloody time too. :(

Advertisement