Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What emulator will.....

• 21-07-2002 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Can anyone tell me what emulator will run marvel v streetfighter, Ive got fb 5 point somting and it wont run it........suggestions please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

Kawaks will, just search for it in google cos i can't be bothered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ncpdmn

k.....n1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

final burn alpha is mush faster. i think the rom was changed in the last revision of mame. that might explaine why it wont work with you emulator.

This is true, FB is great for performance and user ease.
    I tend to forget about it after its programmer threw a wobbler there 2 years ago when ppl kept hassling him about updating it for new cps-2 releases.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

The best thing to do would be to try a few different emu's and see which preforms best on your system. Personally i use FB but Nebula,Kawaks, etc... aren't bad and i think they support Neo Geo carts now as well as cps1&2
    As for Dave the programmer i'd forgive him...would you like over 500+ emails a day moaning about not adding in games. Some people seem to forget that these guy's DON'T make money from emulation...

• Advertisement

But alot of the coders don't release their e-mails for said reason. I can easily see how it happened to him, as his emulator wasn't originally made for cps games so he had his mail out there for the few ppl that were interested in after burner etc., i suppose he really regretted that when the rom beggers started at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Mame runs CPS1+2 games fine..althought WinKawaks agrees more with my joypad (for some reason, mame doesnt like my joypad when its doing 'hadokens' ..go figure).

I've always found that mame don't like anyone unless they're running it on a tasty system :P

Either that or with the sound emulation turned off which usually makes it run the same speed as normal "good" emulators.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

The only reason i use mame is for games that don't have another emulator. ie Mortal Kombat II and other obscure arcade games.

That was my "plan" alright, but mame being so great and all won't run anything above MK1 without me inserting a new cpu or at least a gfx card, neither of which do i have the money to do. And running MK2 without sound kinda kills the whole feel of the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement