Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Pull out of Bowyer Deal ( yeppee )

• 21-07-2002 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭

It has just this minute been confirmed on teamtalk, skysports, liverpool site and txt alerts that Liverpool have pulled out of any dealings with Lee Bowyer. The official reason given for the breakdown in what seemed a done deal is because Houllier, after long discussions with the player of wages on signing on fees and what nots, was not convinced that Bowyer had either the hunger or the desire to play at Anfield.

And may I say on a personal level, and speaking as a pool fan, I'm delighted.

It was also reported earlier today that Liverpool are the only team to have actually offered money for Duff, but as of yet the fee has not been disclosed.

Oh please bring me duff - A Liverpool team without Irish internationals has existed for too long.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Yeah two bits of good news there:)

What's more, there's an encouraging report here about the latest friendly against Le Havre. Not so much for the result but for who played - Baros and Diouf especially (nice pic of Diouf in the new kit!). Plus there's a mention of yet more Frenchies Houllier seems about to sign. Anytime you hear of any half-decent footballer from France or Francophone Africa they're 'Liverpool-bound'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

G'Wan Houllier!
    He finally coped that Bowyer wasn't Pool material!

Bring on a bargain prince Duff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

First of all, I plead for forgiveness in advance from those who think of football and nothing else when judging a footballer, but the FACTS are (and this is me speaking as a Liverpool supporter for 25 of my 35 years) that Bowyer is a thug, a known liar, and a general "bad egg". So I'm really pleased that the deal has collapsed.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

An Irish International, like Duff would be nice to see at LFC as Stinkah has said. Let's hope that's Houlli's plan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep, its nice to know M.Houlier keeps up to speed on fans opinion by browsing the soccer board here!

Seriously though it was plainly a mis-match, and would run against everything the boss has done since he took charge at Anfield.

Mike.

Oh yes, I told you Liverpool were interested in Duff! :) Ye of little faith...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58045

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Souness has said he'll sell Duff if the price is right and confirmed that Liverpool have approached Blackburn about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

(nice pic of Diouf in the new kit!)

That's right...

no beer/ciggies sponsors in france thus the absence of the carlsberg logo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Common Sense has prevailed \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Good move by Liverpool. Bowyer would have caused nothing but trouble for them.

Its going to be an interesting season ;)

Gandalf.

Advertisement