Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox emu???

• 21-07-2002 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

I found one of these on a website which i ahve misplaced ....

didnt get it thought it was a joke but now im wondering if it is true??
    kdja

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

Its a joke

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

FAKE!!

Trust me if it happens EVERYONE will know about it regardless if they're into emulation or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

You'd need a high-end pc to run the games to XBOX standard and a nice 3d card aswell. It would be nice though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

That's not to say it isn't possible, i wouldn't be suprised to see some sort of decent emulation for it within a year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

i've heard that the xbox is a pc in console clothes, does this mean that an xbox emulator will be easiest to make?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There was an XBox emulator doing the rounds a couple of months ago which was a trojan virus. Be very very wary of PS2/XBox/Cube emulators ..... they aren't going to be possible for a few years yet.

- Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by l3rian
    i've heard that the xbox is a pc in console clothes, does this mean that an xbox emulator will be easiest to make?
    Maybe eventually, but it still has lots of custom chips which would have to be emulated first....

- Dave.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Check out the following to clear up any unanswered xbox questions.....
    http://www.siliconice.net/XBOX/FAQ.htm

Then read this gem! MIT Grad breaks xbox boot encryption:)
    http://www.theregus.com/content/3/25130.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Is there anything those MIT lads cant do...I mean, beside being able to pick up chicks. :p

Xbox emulation...a long way away. Xbox game porting sounds more promising if Microsoft keep losing as much as they are at the moment, porting xbox 'exclusive' games my be their only option. To the delight of PC users :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

It'd be more profitable to sell the rights to said limited games to sony/nintendo etc., seeing as they'd more than likely shift alot more games than on the pc.

That said, having to port the games to these would be an ass pain and the fact that most of the "limited edition" games they have are crap, its pretty pointless... :)

WOW, Halo, layers of boredom in just one game, where do i sign up!

• Advertisement
Advertisement