Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1891 ?

Options
  • 21-07-2002 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭

Heyho,

Can someone clear this up for me plz?

1891 110110 - What ISP is this ?

1891 121121 - What ISP is this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

1891 121121 - Is Eircom and Im not sure what the other is sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

1891 110 110 is indigo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by flamegrill
    1891 110 110 is indigo.

indigo = eircom ? yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

121121 is not Eircom. It's IOL.

Eircom is 150150.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by ando

indigo = eircom ? yes?

They're owned by Eircom, different POPs though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

indigo != eircom.

eircom just own them. although eircom tech support handle both. but all mail related and dialup related stuff is on different servers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

Just because companies, such as Eircom and Indigo, IOL and Esat, merge, does not change the fact that they all have individual networks.

So if you have an Eircom account, you don't have an Indigo account and vice versa.

A little bit of a bitchy point, but it has been a bone of contention for me in the past.

</end rant>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Stinkah
    A little bit of a bitchy point, but it has been a bone of contention for me in the past.

In what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

On a similar theme, I heard that iol has been completely merged into Esat/BT in the past few months... i.e. IP address allocation, servers etc.

Why would Eircom not do the same with Indigo. Surely it would make financial sense.

Tim

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by timod
    On a similar theme, I heard that iol has been completely merged into Esat/BT in the past few months... i.e. IP address allocation, servers etc.

Why would Eircom not do the same with Indigo. Surely it would make financial sense.

Tim

Its actually happened already with a lot of the core networks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

right, after testing the lot.... and I can officaly say... da da da daaaaaaaaaa......... Indigo is the best for online gaming :D (110110)

very reliable and constant from connect to disconnect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

Originally posted by timod

That's pretty accurate. Obviously IOL usernames will _not_ verify on the Esat network and vica versa - different auth servers - but yeah - they are now dialing into esat routers alrite.

Advertisement