Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anarki Beaten

Options

Comments

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Can't remember my FOV - It's between 130 / 115 or something rather ridiculous... Just imagine being the Alien from AvP and, there you have it, my FOV setting!

And no, altering your FOV is not a cheat.
    FOV stretches the sides of your view, as if the face of your screen was being wrapped around a large sphere. Not overly sure what it's there for though, probably incase people suffer from various monitor problems or display faults...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

yea i was actually taking the piss..i know what fov is all about.....:rolleyes:

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Would it have hurt to put a smiley, or some form of indication, after your FOV statement, rather than have asshole newbies like me coming along and getting stuck in the bear trap!? :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

fov increases your Field Of Vision, lets you see more of whats going on. High fov will help your awareness of enemies, also helps my rl aim, but low fov lets you have a more precise aim for rail shaft mg etc. Btw I didn't know about that anarki bug, perhaps after I beat the old anarki I'll get that patch.

• Advertisement

All the bots are the same to me - they're a collection of tossers that deserve to be obliterated with shotguns. They are also the ****ers that are trying to rob your sunday lunch (Quad) so thats when the Rail Gun comes in, and someone out there unfortunately finds there ass splattered all over the wall due to over exposure to RopeDrink.

But then someone thinks "Hold on, I'll be funny and press the 'Nightmare' and suddenly the bots get all red eyed and kick you in the scrotum before pissing on your corpse...

What the hell am I on about...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

as one of the lads said im probably fighting against a **** anarki :( i think im using patch 1.31 or something(friend put it on a cd for me but i think its 1.31)

anyway took a demo of me beating anarki but im sure ill get the usual, oh it has been edited etc etc.... anyway tis probably the **** anarki

www.boards.ie/members/megasheep/sheep-winning-anarki.zip

anyway i await the responces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

This guy tyrant seems like hot ****. If he's a mate of Nemesis' then I'm sure as hell gonna put my money backing Nemesis.
    Pld

and yes it was very VERY lucky as i am crap

was informed that you lot were probably just taking the piss outta me but anyway got a m8 to beat anarki as well

www.boards.ie/members/megasheep/an.zip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Help I can't beat Crash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭MelKor

QUAKE 3 IS OUT!!!!11

where do i get me a copy, or are you guys talking about a demo or something???:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

beat anarki 10 - 2 last night, forgot to record though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Originally posted by BiTchiN
    QUAKE 3 IS OUT!!!!11

where do i get me a copy, or are you guys talking about a demo or something???:eek:

LOL that should be in the humour boards.

Unless your not taking the piss which more than likely are :rolleyes: it came out in '99 and you must be liven under a rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Haha, good one PPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

baby jesus cries for gullible muppets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

I, however, prefer to laugh :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

steven?? it cant be.. but..

- short spammy line that doesn't contribute to thread
    - :cool:
    - correct use of grammar

STEVEN.7o9! where have you been led and why is your channel dead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Being a Quake3 Noob...

I am inclined to think that Xaero is the best.. This thread seems to debate that tho.
    I've been playin against Xaero on his gay space map on Nightmare for a while, and the most kills i got on the bstrd waws 9 (it was first to 20 frags)

And yet when i played Anarki, he seemed beatable. Granted, I got my ass kicked, but hey, I'm a n00bar. Maybe its just that the rail gun is in only one spot in Anarki's map, whereas on Xaero's, he spawns beside one and rails you straigh from 125hp to 25hp as son as you respawn.

Fecking annoys me, but hey, thats why I am more of a Cs'er (don't laugh :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

baby jesus cries some more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

OMFG

Won't somebody think of the Jebus?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Pffft,

I thought everyone knew Baby Jebus plays Tribes

explains why he cries so much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Pffft,

I thought everyone knew Baby Jebus plays Tribes

roffle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

so he beat Anarki on nightmare, big swinging mickey like, i'm crap at Quake 3 but managed it... after like 7 tries :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

hrm it twould appear i was mistaken, i did beat him on nightmare on the single player level, but when i started a multi-player match n add him dear god he wiped the floor with me!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭*NemesiS*

I just got back from hols today and Im ****ed :D
    Anyway Fat_Man or Tyrant (Dif Alias) has been playing quake3 with me for years now, i thought him how to play and i can beat him np, he is a class player and yes he can beat any nightmare bot (original ones) 10 - 0 and i can do it with my eyes closed, i cant be arsed making a demo right now as i need about 6 days solid sleep :p
    If u want a demo of me beating the original bots tell me who and what map, and that includes nightmare Xaero on his own map. I think Fat_Man has a few demos of himself uploaded since i went check him out.

If u want a real challenge install the original quake3 no patches and play the nightmare bots, if u can beat xaero on nightmare your a god :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

em..the bots get HARDER after you update..not easier. OSP bots are the hardest then afaik...but why would you want them that hard is anyones guess. Fs, i'm sick of these fake demos too with no way of PROVING that you're playing nightmare. Sheep tryed it..and its so obviously a hack of some description ( you can tell by the smooth, then jerky mouse movements)

I want some action! The Koopa Vs *Nemesis* must go ahead, and end this giant, under-the-bridge dwelling thread once and for all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

it'll never happen.
    nemesis is clearly scared of koopa,
    and koopa is clearly scared of jedi.
    So I think we should all just agree, that jedi is koopas daddy, and leave it at that.
    quozl

• Advertisement

well girls i dunno i think everyone is going a bit overboard here now GUYZ, you and i both know the quake3 bots have excellent tactics and are VERY hard (almost impossible, unless youre a god like me ;)))):>>> and only then about 1 in 10 tries) to beat in 1v1, no use boasting here about which bot you can beat and what score, noone is going to believe you anyway unless you show them on a lan ;))))^5
    anyway i just want you all to know i 'heart' you all n8z, just stop with the "i can beat nightmare anarki" crap GUYZ please, cos i really think we would have heard of you before if you were that good

Advertisement