Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aw those old classics

• 21-07-2002 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

I recently went looking for Calafornia Games, a game i had enless hours of fun playing on the NES, found it and my god it sux so bad :D lol

So anyone else seek out an aul favourite just to be horribly disapointed?? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Yup Batman:The caped crusader on the c64. I spent hours playing it as a youngster and when i revisited it a few months back i nearly nearly fell of my chair with laughter. It was pretty bad:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Never had Cali Games on C64 ha it on Atari 2600 and thought when i played it again that the BMXing level has never been match for sheer ARGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!WTF AM I DOING feelings.

i still have the odd game of it.
    Another game that i liked was pitfall 2 i still pay that and River Raid and they still good.

havent been disapointed by many but i dont play them much just the odd game here and there.

Mates Wife "so you bought a £2000 PC to play game that go BEEP BEEP BONK????"
    Mate "yeah "

:)

kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

One game on the C64 that I played to death was Impossible Mission. I have to say that I still play it now and then every few months. It's "exactly" how I remember it. One of the best games of it's time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

Shadow of the beast 2 on the amiga, which i loved years ago but the emulation of the dodgy way the amiga wrote to its even dodgier monitor isn't done correctly under any emulator and the games usually look horrific.
    I actually made a friend get it with an amiga so i could see it properly again :)

Other than that, strider hiryu (arcade/genesis), still one of my favourite games of all time.... whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh, just like a light sabre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

awww strider im getting that for Zinc now (part 2)
    I think th ewhole strider game was the back flip was just so cool combined with a big whoosh of the sword/thing :)
    i love that game

kdja

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Ahh yes strider is one of my all time fav's but once you play strider 2 you'll see why most people think the first is better;)
    It's way easier then strider for a start but enjoy!

Advertisement