Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm telling you for the last time...

• 21-07-2002 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

I got "I'm telling you for the last time" on mp3 (heh) and it's fvcking hilarious, i'm just wondering, is it a recording of the very last seinfeld live performance? cause the name suggests it and as an encore he comes on and answers audience questions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ScabbyLeg

I have the same thing on MP3, it's pretty cool. I also saw it a couple of times on TV3 a good while ago. I think he used all his standup material one last time before he retired it completely, or something like that. It was recorded in 1998.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Parts of it are side splitting alright :)

--
    It was part of a special filmed for HBO on Broadway in 1998.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000JWVS/qid=1027323187/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_2/104-8565787-7167969

--
    There's a few versions going around on the internet with a few variations on jokes so its worth searching around for them. I have to say my fav gag is the one about his parents in Florida. You can just imagine the "prunes" now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I'm Telling for The last time, it bascially means he's telling his old material for the last time. I've got it on audio and on tape its absolutely hilarious.

One of my fave bits is when Jer goes on about the seatbelt, “They tell ya to put your seatbelt on in case you haven’t been in a car since 1979, oh you lift up on the buckle”

Ciaran did you see on this thread he's going to be releasing a book all about the Candy and Halloween bit.
    You know...
    Get Candy, Get Candy, Get Candy !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

My favourite sketch from that is the horse sketch.

You don't think they've stuck our big fat disgusting asses out the back of this trailer do you bill? The already ride us around and kick us while we're peeing.

or

It's always the same oat bag fellas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

I like when he's going on about clothes, and how they're such a fuss, "oh this one doesn't go with that one, that one's at the dry cleaners, this one's in the washer, that one's up my ass.." :) hilarious stuff

Whaddya mean by "it's the last time he's telling his old material"?

Yeah I saw it thats very good by Jer doing stuff which is relatable to kids.

:)

That was phrased poorly, I admit so I'll rephrase In Telling you for the last time He was doing old material and that was the last time we'd hear it, so thats where they may have got the title thats my theory anyway.
    I love the start when They are burying his jokes away and Leno Paul Reiser Carol Leifer Garry Shandrling are all there amongst others.

All this talk gave me a bit of motivation to get the transcript so we all could enjoy it...

--
    Added Feature -> I'm Telling you for the Last Time

The full Transcript from the 1998 Standup Performance, Recorded live at the Broadhurst Theatre on August 6, 7, 8 and 9, 1998.

• Advertisement
Advertisement