Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Jobs

• 07-04-2001 3:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭

ok , first post here , being lurking for awhile , been getting myself together as they say.

I've started a resource for student jobs mostly part-time ones.

its located at http://www.eirjobs.com/

and i am just wondering a few things
    1. can anyone help me out with ideas on how to get more jobs on the site, besides spending major bucks on advertising ?
    2. are there any companies interested in putting up their jobs ?
    3. am i a complete ass for trying to promote the site, through this message board.
    if you want you can email me [email](removed)[/email] or else you can reply here

i'll understand if this thread is removed by the admins for advertising

Ciao,
    P. michel.gif

[This message has been edited by Pablo (edited 07-04-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I hope to god the admins don't remove it cos I think its quite a valid post.

An idea i had for much the same type of site was to write of to as many companys as you can and try to get some kind of a relationship going, ie they inform you whenever they have any student friendly jobs goin, not sure how responsive theyd be though. Start locally and see how it goes, if you get many positive replies you can use that to bring in the bigger fish.

Good luck to you too. I'll prolly post again some time next week and offer some more support as it is something I'm interested in, anyways ciao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Baz_:
    Good luck to you too.</font>
    Thanks, i was just begining to wonder would anyone reply @ all @ all. rolleyes.gif nice to hear from ya Baz_ and thanks for your input.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Lets put it like this, UCD held an open day with all the honours final year students showing their demos and giving companies an opportunity to chat to people.

So this is a case of direct contact, outside of any reqruitment agency, free food etc and direct view of peoples skills but it seems only 9 out of 100 companies would rather get off their asses and go directly to the source instead of spending 5,000 (or whatever loads of money) on recruitment fees.

The ones that did come though, were the genuine article, the ones that have programmers who can [assess] you on the spot - Sun, Macalla software and so on.

Good luck.

[****] - * edited text.

[This message has been edited by Greenbean (edited 08-04-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Admins tend to let it slide. It's when you start posting adverts on regular basis or have a flashy banner in your signature, then you get in trouble.

Advertisement