Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xfm Fund Night Thanks.

Options
  • 22-07-2002 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

xfund2.jpg
    Brilliant night. Thanks. Lots more than I expected and I didn't know the half of them. Nice to see some people there from Alice's Restaurant days too. Hope you liked the DJ and Transmitter pics in the background. :) it was a rush job.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

Glad to hear it went well, sorry I missed it (and sorry I kidnapped Bren and made him miss it too).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

yes you would have loved it. DJ martane was ace! more yap about it here http://209.204.240.222/bbs/showthread.php3?threadid=2455

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭joss

Aye, 'twas good skit.
    Sorry I didnae see you when I was over recently.
    The perils of staying in Guildford meant not much Lunduning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Seb

€1600? sheesh, you expecting to raise that much?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

€1600? sheesh, you expecting to raise that much?.
    where were ye anyway?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by joss
    Sorry I didnae see you when I was over recently.
    The perils of staying in Guildford meant not much Lunduning.

I got a text from a Mr Barry Kavanagh to say you were in town, but I was too busy appearing on the Graham Norton show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

eeek

how awful was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Seb

Originally posted by dathi1
    where were ye anyway?

errr lurking at the back?. Was at a friends 30th birthday party. She'd have killed me if I missed it for some indie gig, however worthy.

Originally posted by the_corpo
    eeek

how awful was it?

It was fun, actually - I only appeared as a giggling audience member, thankfully. They have to shoot it and edit it really quickly 'cause it's going out the same night, so there was none of the usual arsing about with re-takes etc. The guests that night were Jimmy Mistri (yaaaawwwwnnn) and The Great Voltini, who conducted electricity through his arse. The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i was very impressed with the bands who came on later on in the evening. I'd been dying to hear the dudley corporation for ages, and they were a lot better than i expected. (i'd heard so much praise for them!) when's d next gig?

i also thought ollie cole was much better playing on his own, and joan of arse were deadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Congratulations lads! Hope the gigsmartireland.com ad helped out!

Good luck with spending the cash!

Advertisement