Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any chance?

• 10-04-2001 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Ive been working in a pub since i was 14 im getting pretty sick of it. now summer is around the corner does anyone know if i would have a chance of getting a job in some sort of computer/internet company i am 17 at the moment and know lots of internet languages i dont really know to much about hardware

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

well it would help if you stated what area you're looking to work in too smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

IT would be alright but something more aimed towards the internet/webdev the guidence counceler at school says i should get some work experience in that area if its what i want to do. of course the parents agree totally and dont like the idea of me just makin websites from the house for some reason. or maybe some sort of database work ive only ever used access and wouldnt mind learning sql server

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

do a search on Doras for internet houses and ask them for 2 weeks work experience, not costing them any money , if you are worth your salt they'll prob offer you some kinda of parttime work.

if not at least you will be able to say that you have worked in the business, at a high level.

Ciao,
    P.

Advertisement