Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search Engine Information

Options
  • 22-07-2002 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

I am looking for some information on search engines. How they work, busiest, best, fastest etc.

I know of searchengineforums.com
    & searchenginewaytch.com but these are forums/ boards and i am looking for more detailed articles.

does anyone know of where i can find

Thabks

Motm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

www.sitepoint.com has a few articles on it.

Alot of search engines have different criteria etc. So it will be hard to get the best out of them all

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

Top 99 Search Engines

Search Engine placement can be a full-time job (no really!), so if you're only submitting your site as a hobby etc. it's best to just concentrate on no more then five search engines (Google being a must).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Be careful of automatic submission services! There are a few that are reputable, but a lot of them :
    a) Submit your site to FFA pages that never generate any useful traffic
    b) Will use your email address to send you tons of 'special offers'

The links mentioned are worth checking out. Search engine submission can become a full-time job though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 glengara

http://www.pandia.com/ may be of use.

Advertisement